vcds options missing - guidance

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
caddy-dean
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

vcds options missing - guidance

Post by caddy-dean »

HI All,
Sorry if this has been done to death but I just bought a hex-v2 cable for my caddy and was hoping to code the injectors and a few other bits but after I log in to the software and go to basic settings i only have four options and other areas are not showing like Ive seen in some of the videos online.

can someone point me in the right direction for some reading so I can go over it this weekend.

many thanks in advance
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: vcds options missing - guidance

Post by Doc »

Are you using the latest version of the software from Ross-Tech?
Which engine are you working on?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
caddy-dean
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by caddy-dean »

the software is 24.5.0 or 23.11.0 and I have a 2006 mk3 caddy 1.9 with a pd130 engine swap.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

That engine doesn't have any "coding of injectors" to my knowledge.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
PeterAFox
200BHP+

Post by PeterAFox »

some models have limited basic settings - jnot because of VCDS but because of the possible features in that model.

Also: did you buy your VCDS 2nd hand? Maybe it is a "max 3 vehicles" version, and they have been used up? (I think you only get the freeware version then)