service times?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
cactusgreen
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

service times?

Post by cactusgreen »

The service book says mine was on long life services...then out of the dealer network so unsure what came next. 2006 caddy van, how do I check when the next is due? Does it actually tell me before its right on due etc. Can vcds tell me in some way maybe?? Thanks all, I'm guessing this has all been covered before but as a newbie I'm still working up to fuller access :-)
Rear ended and killed :cry: 1.9 TDi DSG indian blue wrapped in slightly darker blue lol, now replaced with a new Highline 1.6 TDi DSG bit naked without the logos yet - rather fun but not quite my Audi S4, but makes me smile as much as my 2.6e 80 Cabriolet!!
Rob1977
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Re: service times?

Post by Rob1977 »

If they stamped the book with last service mialage just get it done at 10k to be on the safe side.
cactusgreen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by cactusgreen »

It was done recently....well says full service whatever that means lol....from some local garage I expect. Was interested to see just how the longlife worked on a vw....as my audi says how many days and/or miles to service. Defo started life on variable so I assumed there was an indicator for it
Rear ended and killed :cry: 1.9 TDi DSG indian blue wrapped in slightly darker blue lol, now replaced with a new Highline 1.6 TDi DSG bit naked without the logos yet - rather fun but not quite my Audi S4, but makes me smile as much as my 2.6e 80 Cabriolet!!
cactusgreen
Twin Turbo poster

Post by cactusgreen »

Just worked out that the yellow oil lamp isn't supposed to flash 5 times on start...as that's an indication of a faulty oil level/quality sensor....wonder if that's why there is no service info?? Could it have been disconnected by the last garage to fool the service light I wonder!!