Which Model Caddy

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
mattyc
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Which Model Caddy

Post by mattyc »

Hi All

This may have been covered loads of times before so appologies,

Starting to look for my caddy will be used as my daily driver and for lugging my bikes and gear around also need a second row off seats so the i'm guesing the kombi is the way to go?

Is there a buyers guide on the forum giving the lowdown on the various models and engines etc.?

Any advice or a point in the right direction would be much appreciated

Cheers

Matt
mattyc
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Which Model Caddy

Post by mattyc »

Hey All

Can anyone help on this?, Are there any specific problems / areas to look out for when buying?

Cheers

Matt
albie
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by albie »

Hi, iv got the tdi and its brilliant,I don't carry much really, just a tool bad and a couple of drill boxes.i put rear seats in on uni strut so they can be taken out in less than 5 mins,I wAs advised not to get the sdi as its a bit flat apparently but iv never drive one so can't really say for sure,
Good luck buying one,
mattyc
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by mattyc »

Tks for the info Albie,

tdi on the list for sure, just gotta check if i need the maxi to get the bikes and a ton of other gear in

Cheers

Matt
albie
Hyper Poster

Post by albie »

mattyc wrote:Tks for the info Albie,

tdi on the list for sure, just gotta check if i need the maxi to get the bikes and a ton of other gear in

Cheers

Matt
I had a maxi as a company van this year for a few months, it was great,I prefer the look of the Swb caddy though,we parked a Swb t5 next to the maxi and there wasn't much difference,I'd get the t5 over the maxi
Realphotos
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Realphotos »

I bought a maxi for getting bikes around as we'll and will be putting in a rear seat for occasional use.
I also looked at a transporter and would have preferred that as it had more room and lower load floor which helps when pushing bikes up ramps. Unfortunately they were all out of my price range and front seating was too high for my mother to get into when I have to get her around occasionally.
mattyc
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by mattyc »

Hi

Tks for the info, cadi maxi is looking like the way to go. Loads of room for the bikes and space for another row of seats.

A black cadi maxi has got my name on it i think

Cheers

Matt