Ill caddy tdi

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Matt89
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Ill caddy tdi

Post by Matt89 »

Hi all.

I have a Vw caddy tdi 55 plate 125000
When I wash the van or have it Valeted once I set off it miss fires coughs dose not want to go
Turn off leave for 5 min and start agen with a few good hard revs it clears.
And is fine untill I wash it or am in servere rain/spray.

Any ideas thoughts be greatly appricated.

Thanks.
Matt.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Ill caddy tdi

Post by Doc »

Does the outside temperature on the dash go crazy when its wet? I'd think maybe the sensor on the front bumper is letting water in.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Adam87
Hyper Poster

Post by Adam87 »

Try wires under air box in the flexi conduit, mine did exactly the same, the wires had worn through
Matt89
200BHP+

Post by Matt89 »

As in new loom ??? As that's wt I'm thinking. ?????

Thanks for replys.
Russie
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Russie »

Yes, I would agree on wiring damage. Can probably be repaired. The harness is not that expensive from VW but they are made to order and take ages. Get the harness opened up where it goes accross from under the airbox to the front of the engine. You'll probably see lots of green dots along some of the wires where the outer corrugated plastic has chaffed through the wires and they've corroded. Check the bottom radiator hose for chaffing damage from the wiring while your at it.
IF IT AIN'T BROKE, BREAK IT
Matt89
200BHP+

Post by Matt89 »

I've split the loom from ecu through to the air filter it was soaked through with water will look for rubbing wen I get back from spring dubs at Harrogate which is going good. Also where the ecu is it was full of crap. I'm thinking a new loom from Vw is looking like the fix???

Again thanks a lot for the replys this Vw scene is life changing so chilled everybody so far has been awsum my third show.

Matt
Matt89
200BHP+

Post by Matt89 »

Doc wrote:Does the outside temperature on the dash go crazy when its wet? I'd think maybe the sensor on the front bumper is letting water in.
No not at all only thing mine dose is bing a lot because its bludi freezing at 1 am when I go to work haha.