Aussie work Van

Show off your caddy
NZDubNurd
Hyper Poster

Re: Aussie work Van

Post by NZDubNurd »

I have a Golf cluster in my Touran.

All I had to do was change the case and solder on the tactile switches for the Touran cluster - the tracks and everything are there, just needs tactile switches with a long button - I brought them from RS.

Then the Touran "stalks" will work. You need 3 switches - one for the push button and 2 for the turn button.

I can't quite picture how it looks in my head any more, but it only took a few minutes with the innards out of the housings, to solder them in with a very fine tip in the small gap.
MWMRacing
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by MWMRacing »

NZDubNurd wrote:I have a Golf cluster in my Touran.

All I had to do was change the case and solder on the tactile switches for the Touran cluster - the tracks and everything are there, just needs tactile switches with a long button - I brought them from RS.

Then the Touran "stalks" will work. You need 3 switches - one for the push button and 2 for the turn button.

I can't quite picture how it looks in my head any more, but it only took a few minutes with the innards out of the housings, to solder them in with a very fine tip in the small gap.
Sweet, ill check it out, appreciate the tip, I'll have a squiz and see what I can manage to do with that before I get too carried away with anything else! Image

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

2013 Caddy Runner- 66KW manual- 2007 SWB Diesel- currently being converted to TFSI
NZDubNurd
Hyper Poster

Post by NZDubNurd »

I just had a think - I think the right stalk thing goes straight in (clips through the board and has a carbon pad on it) and the switches are just for the left side turny one

Something LIKE (this might be the wrong one!!!):
https://nz.rs-online.com/web/p/tactile- ... s/4791542P

MWMRacing
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by MWMRacing »

NZDubNurd wrote:I just had a think - I think the right stalk thing goes straight in (clips through the board and has a carbon pad on it) and the switches are just for the left side turny one

Something LIKE (this might be the wrong one!!!):
https://nz.rs-online.com/web/p/tactile- ... s/4791542P

Awesome thankyou- think I actually might have some of those there too Image

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

2013 Caddy Runner- 66KW manual- 2007 SWB Diesel- currently being converted to TFSI