Page 12 of 33
Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:29 pm
by the swan fiend
I like the choice of colours, I know a lot of them are currently available on the 2k.
Dashboard looks very modern too, but from the outside, I’m still not convinced.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:00 pm
by Dav02
The original images looked awful, but some further shots make it look more acceptable. Modifications such as side rail cover, wheels etc. will make it look far more appealing.
This doesn't look too bad now to me?

Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information
Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:49 am
by dan@biali
Side rail cannot ever be covered, it sticks out from the bodywork. It’s so the door can clear the new flared wheel arches.
Will wait to see one in the flesh but I think German designers are smoking a more potent crack than usual and I really don’t like their designs - new Golf is a mess and very ‘Japanese car’ from some angles, the latest Audi RS6 is clearly being aimed at the Chinese market where they’re obsessed with big brash front grills, and don’t get me started on the new BMW M3/4 which is the most horrendous thing to come out of the M department ever.
Long gone are the days for understated, classy and timeless design language and to me this new Caddy is in that bracket.
Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information
Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:05 am
by Andrejm
Don't like this back.. Will it have Dynamic rear turn signals? Better they extend the taillights to the rear door instead on the roof.
VW badge one tailgate door glass, is in glass or sticking out? Thanks
Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information
Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:46 am
by the swan fiend
Dan, having just familiarised myself with the latest M3/4 I do agree you’re right about all you’ve said there.
I’d like to add I’m not a fan of modern cars in general, due to all the infotainment and control screens in the more exec models (which is the kind of car I prefer) I personally much prefer buttons. It seems that only BMW haven’t succumbed to this yet, but then they have got those grilles.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information
Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:13 pm
by Giddy
Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information
Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:55 pm
by dan@biali
Unfortunately we're probably in a minority now, liking buttons and control knobs, as its more like the ipads and surfaces the yutes (film quote, not poor spelling!) of today are used to. I just don't like how it requires a bit more distraction feeling for a surface and sliding a finger on it than it is feeling for a button. To me it seems dangerous especially considering even ipads don't always register the input very well so you will be taking your eyes off the road to look at the control surface when it doesn't do what you expect it to, plus I know my ocd would be off the charts everytime I get in a new car with greasy fingerprints over all the shiny surfaces. I also don't like how it takes away some of the tactile qualities you can add to controls. Always the mark of a high end piece of equipment how the dials turn and the buttons operate. But again, I'm now in the minority so you can pry the keys from my manual gearboxed 'old fashioned controls' vehicles from my cold dead hands

Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information
Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:56 pm
by Dav02
Not that I'm bothered either way. I have a mk4 and won't be updating in my lifetime anyway
Still think the mk3 & 4 look better.
## Yutes

##
my cousin vinny
Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information
Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:26 pm
by petrev
Can't decide ??
Detroit or China ?

Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information
Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:30 pm
by petrev
Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information
Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:16 pm
by tonyhill
It's too Transit Connect still, and that honeycomb type front bumper is just horrendous!!
I've had my mk4 from new, love it to bits, and will be keeping it for quite while yet!!
Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information
Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:40 am
by tommyzooom
When's the facelift due

Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information
Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:22 am
by Doc
Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information
Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:39 am
by petrev
1st Edition +€500 over the Style to get all extras available !!!
My guess Basic (Trend) or 1st Edition will be the most popular versions.

Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information
Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:16 pm
by Katiecaddy
Still waiting for any update off VWCV uk. Registered on their website to receive updates but nothings materialised yet