Page 14 of 33

Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:55 am
by DW2207
Absolutely ridiculous how much vw are charging for a caddy, iys just a metal tin box at the end of the day.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk


Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:13 pm
by Katiecaddy
To be fair if you were to have ordered a new mk4 last year,the prices weren’t a million miles away from the new mk5s. On the plus side with the mk5s, there’s a hell of a lot more tech in them, bringing them more in line and up to date with the VW cars.
The same old problem with buying a brand new commercial van is the VAT which really bumps the price up.

Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:28 pm
by NornIron
Katiecaddy wrote: ↑Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:13 pm To be fair if you were to have ordered a new mk4 last year,the prices weren’t a million miles away from the new mk5s.
It will be interesting to see what discounts are available on Mk5's; I bought 2 x new Mk4's this year and had £8k off list price (each!).

Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:21 pm
by dan@biali
I just specced a Caddy up just for a laugh. It was a Cargo Commerce Pro with the 122PS tdi 6 speed 4Motion and I ticked every box to see how high I could get it. Everyone sitting down....................£43,430.

Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:05 pm
by Yetiman25
Buy a caddy maxi life works out cheaper 🤣

Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:51 pm
by Doc
Interestingly, VWCV UK sent out the notification to those on the mailing list just today. Got to ask why the delay?
Seem they are not bothered about getting the word out about the new caddy.
Possibility some unknowns due to Brexit and whether a deal will be had or not.

I bet there was some spec on a £43,000 Caddy5. That's a lot of money.

I've had three people chatting to me, asking how they should spec their new van. Can't wait to see them on the road.

Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:59 pm
by the swan fiend
£43k on a van? That is madness!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:09 pm
by Katiecaddy
@swanfiend
Was at a VWCV dealers recently, there was a new transporter california, with the VAT on it was nearly £65,000 :shock: :shock: :shock:

2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:17 pm
by the swan fiend
@katiecaddy I was in a dealers myself at the start of the year and I was looking at those. (Only out of curiosity I must add) They are very nice but I really don’t think they’re worth that money though. I can’t think of a new vehicle that is these days to be honest.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:00 pm
by Ripley55
Porsche Taycan Turbo S ? 😂😂😂

Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:18 pm
by dan@biali
Porsche Cayman GT4, bargain of the century 8)

Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:26 pm
by the swan fiend
Dan, by today’s standards, that’s not bad actually. Still can’t afford one though


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:26 pm
by Katiecaddy
@swan fiend. Especially when the California’s are basically a transporter with some interior trim and a pop top.
I can’t personally see the extra money over a basic panel van

2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:29 pm
by the swan fiend
I’d agree with you there Katiecaddy.
I doubt they cost even £5k extra to manufacture


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 2020 Caddy 5 press launch and information

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:51 am
by anoneamus
the swan fiend wrote: ↑Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:29 pm I’d agree with you there Katiecaddy. Image
I doubt they cost even £5k extra to manufacture
Well, it is a maxed out 4motion DSG version, so it's a bit more than a panel van with a different trim package... Here it's over a million bucks (UKP equivalent is 55K). That puts it into sports car pricing territory... That UK pricing is ridiculous though (extra 10K for what?). The SA version is just over double the price of a Caddy Alltrack.