Page 20 of 40

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:35 pm
by Kraay
:shock: Just read the whole tread and this is just f*cking awesome! :shock: :shock: Looks very, very good!! :mrgreen:

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:00 pm
by RY4NTT
Hi matt just wondering I've just got an engine cover I'm guessing I need the sort of fixings that are used on the air box like a push fitting where do I get these? Thanks

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:26 pm
by super_ted
Speachless!! I joined up just to read through this thread - now i'm hooked lol. Give yourself a pat on the back! :mrgreen:

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:59 pm
by Matt@Reflex
RY4NTT wrote:Hi matt just wondering I've just got an engine cover I'm guessing I need the sort of fixings that are used on the air box like a push fitting where do I get these? Thanks
I went onto the ETKA vw parts catalog that ive got and found the part numbers.
If you email me a photo of your cover i will see what i can do
[email protected]

Cheers,
Matt

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:27 pm
by lob2004
some differance. well done!!!!

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:44 am
by shuggett
Hi Matt, from what I've read, you seem to be the best person to buy a N/S sliding door rail kit from.
Would you kindly let me have a price for the kit, and do you paint them before shipping them. My van is silver if it makes a difference for metallic paint.
Your van is amazing !!!!!!!
Steven

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:09 pm
by Matt@Reflex
shuggett wrote:Hi Matt, from what I've read, you seem to be the best person to buy a N/S sliding door rail kit from.
Would you kindly let me have a price for the kit, and do you paint them before shipping them. My van is silver if it makes a difference for metallic paint.
Your van is amazing !!!!!!!
Steven
Hi Steven.
Yes we can do the Kit including our custom bracket for £133.
This incudes shipping (uk) and painting of the cover to your paint code (LA7W if its reflex silver)

Thanks,
Matt

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:17 pm
by shuggett
Matt,
Thats excellent, I'll be in touch soon.
Steven

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:08 pm
by shuggett
Hi Matt, I've just read your i thread regarding fitting the side rail cover.
I'm probably being stupid, but why do you need to drill a hole into the door?
Steven

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:24 pm
by lovelydubly
shuggett wrote:Hi Matt, I've just read your i thread regarding fitting the side rail cover.
I'm probably being stupid, but why do you need to drill a hole into the door?
Steven
No mate, your not meant to touch the door, its just the door shut that needs a hole drilled.

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:42 am
by rallyeryan
Hi Matt

Silly Question - Does the Rail cover allow the door to open?

Also - I would love to do a rear tailgate conversion like yours. Would you recommend it? I would likely put it to a shop to do - Is it labour intensive?

Oh yeah van looks ok - just thought I would make the first understatent of 2011.lol.

Cheers.

Ryan.

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:23 pm
by DETAIL
Stunning

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:28 pm
by DADDY
Hey Matt that arrived in the post today looks awesome dude thanks for all your help dude ;)

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:14 pm
by Matt@Reflex
DADDY wrote:Hey Matt that arrived in the post today looks awesome dude thanks for all your help dude ;)
No worries.

You have one of the very last Aluminium ones.
I just received a new batch of aluminium bar from a new supplier (previous supplier stopped selling it)
I cut 25 pieces, drilled 25 pieces (not fun) and then put the first 5 into the folder. They got to 90 degrees and all snapped.
Looks like its cast aluminium :(

Image

All future brackets will be made from Steel and will be £25 posted because of the extra postage and extra time taken to drill them. I cant risk getting more dodgy aluminium and someones snapping and there rail cover falling off :)

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:30 am
by DADDY
Matt@Reflex wrote: No worries.

You have one of the very last Aluminium ones.
I just received a new batch of aluminium bar from a new supplier (previous supplier stopped selling it)
I cut 25 pieces, drilled 25 pieces (not fun) and then put the first 5 into the folder. They got to 90 degrees and all snapped.
Looks like its cast aluminium :(

Image

All future brackets will be made from Steel and will be £25 posted because of the extra postage and extra time taken to drill them. I cant risk getting more dodgy aluminium and someones snapping and there rail cover falling off :)
That's a bummer Matt sorry to here that dude, thanks again for the unit excellent quality as expected from yourself Matt.