Page 3 of 40
Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:25 pm
by jutty
good work Matt...all you need now is your coilovers

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:34 pm
by Matt@Reflex
Liam wrote:you are mental ! but well done extremely tidy work did u use the same tool for it all ?
Its part of the same tool but hand held. It welds itself to the panel on contact and you just pull the trigger to pull the dent and then twist to break the contact. Very fast when you get used to it

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:38 pm
by Matt@Reflex
Kuro wrote:
that is looking really good! Nice one!
Is that an Audi Quattro I spy in the background?

Thats top secret

30th anniversery this year and we have been asked to restore a load for the audi showrooms.
Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:40 pm
by jutty
how you going to operate the sliding door Matt?
Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:50 pm
by dubvan
jutty wrote:how you going to operate the sliding door Matt?
Probs open from inside, or for more work, using a solenoid?
Matt, I can't believe you've done all that in just 15 hours mate! Saw that tool being used by Ed China on a Fezza (Wheeler Dealers) the other night - amazing piece of kit!
Jonesy

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:05 pm
by Matt@Reflex
dubvan wrote:
Probs open from inside, or for more work, using a solenoid?
Matt, I can't believe you've done all that in just 15 hours mate! Saw that tool being used by Ed China on a Fezza (Wheeler Dealers) the other night - amazing piece of kit!
Jonesy

Yeah it wasn't cheap but i wouldn't want to be without it now.
As for the sliding door, its the same as my other caddy. I just dremell a hole in the bulkhead next to the mesh and reach through.
You quickly learn where the handle is and its a great security feature

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:07 pm
by tommyzooom
Looking good matt,
Would you not smooth the side rubbing strips while you're at it?
Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:09 pm
by DADDY
Nice work so far, looking very promising indeed dude

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:20 pm
by Matt@Reflex
tommyzooom wrote:Looking good matt,
Would you not smooth the side rubbing strips while you're at it?
No i didn't like it on the red one. I thought it looked a bit tall.
I'm going to put Touran V2 highline ones on it.
Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:27 pm
by tommyzooom
Matt@Reflex wrote:
No i didn't like it on the red one. I thought it looked a bit tall.
I'm going to put Touran V2 highline ones on it.
Ahh, I think they are like mine,(with the chrome??)
Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:32 pm
by Matt@Reflex
tommyzooom wrote:
Ahh, I think they are like mine,(with the chrome??)
Indeed, but i will be painting the chrome bit black (or dark grey) to match the center of my V2 front bumper.
Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project
Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:39 pm
by feeman
No messin about with you lad, lookin good so far cant wait to see it all done, id say it will look well in that colour too.
Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project
Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:19 pm
by Matt@Reflex
Had a little play with the new front panel at lunchtime today and i have a complication.
I now know it is true that the inner wings are different on the V2 Touran
I have ordered new inner wings as you can't buy just the end bits separately.

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project
Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:37 pm
by dubvan
Blimey didn't know that - knew you needed a different front panel - just goes to prove the old saying - "modding dubs can be a genuine pain in the arse and damages your wallet permanently!"....or something like that..
Jonesy

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project
Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:41 pm
by Liam
can not wait to see this take shape ! Is there much involved in changing the inner wings ?