side loading door problem

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
RO3ERT
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

side loading door problem

Post by RO3ERT »

Hi everyone,

Ive had a caddy now for a few months, but the side loading isnt working properly.

Sometimes when you lock the van the side door doesnt lock and you have to keep opening and clsoing it till you hear it lock.

other times when driving it locksits self and you cant open it unless you take the door card off and manually move the lock rod to lift the button.

when it locks its self like that, the alarm keeps going off.

Ive had it on the fault reader at work and because it is an intermittent problem it doesnt bring anything up, so dont want to pay a main dealer £40 (or whatever they charge) for them to tell me there is nothing up with it.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
richiecaddy2k
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: side loading door problem

Post by richiecaddy2k »

have you checked the male & female contact strip that is on the side of the door,mine done the same when i fist got it and it was all the brass contact strips where caked in shit and stuck in,instead of being sprung,wd40 and a terminal screwdriver solved my issues..maybe worth a try
RO3ERT
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by RO3ERT »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I did look at that and it seem did look fine, as in not caked up or gone green like they do, could be a faulty connection I suppose
RO3ERT
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by RO3ERT »

Hi, thanks for the reply, Ive had at look at those and they seem fine, but still doing it