Caddy R360 build thread

Show off your caddy
dan@biali
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Re: My Caddy 'R' build thread

Post by dan@biali »

Been working on the reverse camera set up today, amongst making another front 'R' bumper. Took a rear door handle, trimmed the section where the lock barrel sits and made an aperture for the Tiguan reversing camera to sit. I had to cut down the handle from the camera and will need to clean up the edge somehow. I also filled the key hole and smoothed it.

downhill-monsta
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by downhill-monsta »

dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Went to Hazzy Dayz today to get the genuine VW xenons fitted and coded. They did a great job and were friendly and informative. Ok, so they're not cheap but I would recommend them.

I left the van with them for 4 hours and thought I'd kill some time in Luton. Got a cab back after lunch and then got into my first traffic accident where the airbags went off. A guy who had pulled into a side road to turn around just kept swinging round until he had pulled straight out of the junction into our path.

Luckily the taxi driver got on the brakes and although we skidded, definitely slowed us down. We ploughed into the side of the '12 plate Focus doing a smidge under 30 I reckon. Both our airbags deployed - this is not a pleasant experience as its similar to a shotgun going off inside the car, but as I had my seatbelt on my face didn't hit the bag.

I jumped out and checked the other car. The guy was bit shell shocked but he was lucky it was a new car with curtain airbags, otherwise we might have been calling for emergency crews to cut him out.

The Focus is a write off. The impact has bent the chassis I reckon. We hit it square on across the drivers door and the front wing

No one suffered any obvious injuries but my neck is beginning to feel a little stiff. We had a few seconds to brace for the impact which probably helped.

This is the aftermath

These are the new lights fitted. I've got to get the AFS and levelling module done afterall as the full beam isn't done using a shutter on these ones, its controlled through the levelling/cornering module

These are the LED DRLs which can be turned on and off through the MFD lighting menu. They are also the sidelights.

and the xenons. Think they're a bit low at the moment but obviously once get the levelling system fitted they will be fine.

euan tdi
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by euan tdi »

They look great, I've spoken to Hazzy Days recently and they seem clued up. Look forward to more updates, might even have some of my own soon :mrgreen:
2013 Highline 2.0 140, KW HLS kit, new set of Helios viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12710
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

These lights look sweet as. Love it.
V2 front. Mk5 mirrors. Cupra splitter. 8000k Hid. Led side lights and drl. Lowered on mk5 coils and custom shackles. Touran carpet,door cards,plastics,glovebox and seat bases. New caddy steering wheel. Midline cluster. Cruise. Heated mk5 gttdi seats wired and working. Alpine screen. 140 remap. Lots of other little bits.........
Shaneleegray
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Shaneleegray »

Looks hot as hell!
tonyhill
Hyper Poster

Post by tonyhill »

Lights look fantastic!!

Bet that Focus is back on the road in a couple of months ;)
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Todays little jobs were:

fit some Touran door handles

fit an aftermarket clutch rest although I'm not happy with it. I had to bend the edge over at the bottom as I think its for a MK5 Golf and the TDI cutout looks bit naff

and then took a offside side door step trim and tweak it to fit in the recess

Only a small amount trimmed from the corner

and took the original piece and cut it down to make a small fill panel which I'll work out how to bond it onto the new section another time

I need to do something with the rear section but when I get round to carpeting the back I'll likely make a trimmed panel that will fill the gap.
Clubster
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by Clubster »

Love those lights ;)
Tredhed
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 16V Petrol (100bhp)

Post by Tredhed »

Wowee. I want those lights (but not at that price). Looking forward to seeing this van completed!
2015 Pure Grey VW Caddy Maxi 2.0 TDi
hulk
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by hulk »

Lights look spot on can't wait to get mine back in for round 2
HULKSWAGON
ANIMAL
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by ANIMAL »

dan@biali wrote:Ifcrik - The original bumpers are from a 2011> Caddy and a 2011> Golf MK6 R, both from Ebay.

Thanks to Banditbarron I removed the B pillars to wrap them in 1080 carbon. I think the plan will be to get these done in the real stuff in the future - the vinyl looks ok but its never going to look as good as real carbon.

FYI, the B pillars are simple to remove - put the window down, pull the rubber window seal out from the bit near the B pillar to expose 2 Phillips screws. Undo these and then just wiggle it free from the rubber seal.

Wish I'd known that when I did mine! Made a newspaper template bit of faffing and wrapped em
In situ! Deffo gonna have to go down the 'real thing' route. :)

Van is looking awesome!!! I am very jealous but have also picked up on a few ideas ;)
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

I agree about the real stuff. Carbon vinyl looks ok on the inside but its more obvious its fake on the outside. I've got some other parts which will be wrapped in real carbon in the future so these B pillars will get done then. Its a job I'm putting off as its incredibly labour intensive and insanely expensive if someone else does it for me!

Got the rear windows tinted today.

Tomorrow is a big day with a massive list to try and get done up at APS.

KW V1 kit
Reflex axle relocate kit
Superpro Supaloy uprated lower control arms and anti lift kit
Uprated ARBs if Ed found a suitable option
Milltek downpipe
Fit my Darkside EGR delete kit
Remap - think its going to be Superchips
Proper alignment
Inspection service
Forge front to back and side to side shortshifters
D4RK1
Hyper Poster

Post by D4RK1 »

Headlights are awesome dude. Loving your work :D
dan@biali
Hyper Poster

Post by dan@biali »

Today didn't go as planned!

So, the Superpro kit won't work in the facelift Caddy as it has a different subframe. We're going to offer up a subframe from the previous gen Caddy and see if it will fit thus allowing the Superpro control arm kit to be fitted.

The egr delete I ordered from Darkside doesn't fit my engine code and no one seems to do one yet. Having looked at it I can see why! The egr is at the back of the engine and there's a couple of water pipes to join and maybe even a resistor to go in the wiring. Instead APS are going to just blank it off and it will be coded out when remapped.

Milltek sent a downpipe which won't work with my engine - are you sensing a theme yet?!! We think we've got the right one now but it will take a couple of weeks for them to manufacture.

KW sent a V1 kit and forgot to put the rear leaf hanger brackets in so its just bolted up to the standard bracket, although this is far too low. And the fronts are too high for my liking but there's not much room to go lower as the collars on the shocks will possibly hit the tyres. I'll let it all settle for 1500 miles and see where it sits.

Here it is for now but obviously looks quirky with reverse rake!

I've just bought a pair of R32 345mm calipers and looking to get the matching rears. Hopefully when it goes back up to APS they can get that lot fitted along with the bits we couldn't sort today!