Caddy Maxi choice?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Caddymat
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Caddy Maxi choice?

Post by Caddymat »

I own a 2 seat swb version of the caddy, as much as I love the caddy I'm a bit confused about the maxi life (i think it's called)
Here's my point, I get the idea of having a second row of seats for extra passengers and I understand that some peoples caddys aren't used as vans, so what benefit do you get for choosing the life over a Touran? From what I can see the Touran is better specked more practical and if I'm honest looks better too.
rawders
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Caddy Maxi choice?

Post by rawders »

The maxi life is still longer than a touran though isn't it? Therefore still more space in the back. However I can kinda see your point.
torque777
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by torque777 »

Ok so I can answer this... Time came a year or so ago and kid number 3 was on way, my mint mk5 golf estate was just not big enough in rear to fit 3kids with two kids seats, I knew I needed some kind of people carrier and I didn't want a mpv like a touran or sharan, so spent many months looking at T4's and T5 shuttle /caravelle but I just didn't have enough money to buy one unless I wanted moon ship miles or to go older than my 57 plate golf, so just when I had nearly given up I spotted a maxi life...Perfect, not common like a touran... Better to park than T5, with all seats in I could get pram and crap that kids bring With them in rear, I now don't feel like I've given up on life and bought a people carrier...Although I spose it is one really just in disguise.. Lol ImageMy golf
And my maxi life
silverra23
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by silverra23 »

torque77 neatly summarises why i am looking at caddy maxi lifes... i don't love big SUVs but I do need the 7 seat option for 2 kids plus a grandparent on occasion.

I have yet to buy one.. i looked at one that was good buying.. but because i hadnt done my research that one got sold before i realised how good a buy it actually was!
pushpullmover
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Post by pushpullmover »

Don't forget the Maxi Life has 7 full size seats as opposed to the Touran's occasional.
Jayrey
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by Jayrey »

And you can get a longboard in, bikes, kids and more boards and sleep in it and loads of other stuff. And on top of that it's cheap to run and half decent to drive. My last two drives were a vito and a t4 and this is almost as versatile.
lorenzo
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by lorenzo »

How easily do the seats come out of the back of a maxi life? I have friends with things like Mazda Bongo freindees & Nissan Elgrands, they can have the seats fully removed and a big flat space with about 30 minutes of fiddling around, which makes them pretty versatile.