Passenger wont unlock.

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
tanagno
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Passenger wont unlock.

Post by tanagno »

Hi, my passenger door wont unlock from the inside or outside. I tried a few ways of getting it unlocked but no success. I tried to get to the lock mechanism by partially removing the inside door trim but very difficult unless totally removed.
Any suggestions?
Strath25
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Re: Passenger wont unlock.

Post by Strath25 »

Try working both handles at the same time continuously, also try thudding the door around the latch area from the outside but watch not to dent ur door.
Otherwise it's a fiddly job of removing door card and regulator in situ to get to latch and smashing the latch open with a long driver and hammer (new latch required)
Done many faulty latches like this in my time at VW
tanagno
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by tanagno »

Wow, smashing the latch with a long screw driver sound extreme. Ill try your first suggestion first and see how I go.
Flameboi201
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by Flameboi201 »

Hi have you had your handle out recently ?
Strath25
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Strath25 »

Trust me from experience if it doesn't open its the only way as the latch will be internally stuck
tanagno
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by tanagno »

No, I haven't had my handle removed lately Flameboi201 at least not before this happened. Is there something in the door handle that would cause this?
tanagno
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by tanagno »

Managed to remove the inside door trim with a bit of persistance and then unbolted the door card and regulator.

Played around with the lock trying to remove the cable which made the door suddenly unlock!! which was great, it meant I could removed everything and fault find with ease.

Removed lock and dismantled it. Found that the solder joints on the printed circuit board on the connector side were loose (as per the forums) So re soldered the joints and reassembled the doors. Works perfect now. Will have to do the same to the drivers side now before it fails as well..... best to be sure :)