Locking and dead locking.

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Re: Locking and dead locking.

Post by Scoobysrt »

If a second press in quick succession is unlocking your rear doors the fob has a fault. This is often a cracked solder joint on the centre switch. Other causes are replacement non genuine fobs.

You can change some options on your locking system but this is not one of them as its a fault.

Pretty much all vag group use the same system so if a transporter is doing the same that also has a fault.

When being used as a trades vehicle anyone wishing to just unlock the rear does so by pressing the boot button although admittedly I never use it and just press the normal unlock button twice in quick succession. A single press should only unlock the front doors.

A double press lock button removes the deadlocks and in cars (if set up from factory) also removes the internal alarm sensors but on a caddy van it just removes the deadlocks and the internal sensors are turned off by an internal switch normally on the inside pillar. I am not certain about the caddy life but its easy to find out by looking if you have the internal switch.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
petrev
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Re: Locking and dead locking.

Post by petrev »

My Caddy Life 2018 Mk4 is different !

Probably some sort of fault ?

Second press on the fob Lock button - Beep, and slight noise, but deadlocks still there on all doors, so no exit route for any trapped passengers !!!

🤔