Silver Mk4 Caddy Life

Show off your caddy
Marcmcq90
Caddy Fan

Re: Silver Mk4 Caddy Life

Post by Marcmcq90 »

Sounds like I’ve had the exact same journey as you 😂

Just spent a couple of hours rolling around on the drive in the dark and the new wheels are on, mud flaps fitted and again, like you, replaced the splitter with a skid plate.

I’ll get a photo in the day time and post it up. Really happy with it now, looks very OEM but in my opinion - much nicer!
Dav02
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Dav02 »

ahh mudflaps, smashed those to bits too. So made up some rally style ones.
2016 Caddy Highline. 2.0 TDi 102ps (ReMapped to 180)

Build Thread
Marcmcq90
Caddy Fan

Post by Marcmcq90 »

I seen them on your build thread… look pretty tidy! I’ll have to see if/ how long mine last 😂
Marcmcq90
Caddy Fan

Post by Marcmcq90 »

Pretty poor quality photo in the rain….
Marcmcq90
Caddy Fan

Post by Marcmcq90 »

Just given the van a little bit of TLC and couldn’t resist a couple of photos with the new wheels, front bumper scuff guard thing and mud flaps.

I’ve got some S5 style stone guards (cheapy versions from vanstyle.co.uk) in a gloss black ABS finish for the sills but need to wait for the weather to warm up a bit before I try bonding them on I think…

Ride is slightly comfier on the 17’s as opposed to the 18’s but not anywhere near as good as the 15” steels with the balloon tyres! But there’s a compromise to be had somewhere isn’t there.

Also, for anyone wondering and to help with future forum searches - wheels are 17”x7J, ET40 with 205/50/17 tyres and they fit like a glove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Marcmcq90
Caddy Fan

Post by Marcmcq90 »

Also, shameless plug - my old wheels are now for sale in the for sale section of the forum…