Caddy asz swap help

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
John9n3gti
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Caddy asz swap help

Post by John9n3gti »

Hi yea does seam common as there plenty online an lots or write ups. How did yours run before a remap. Just had a look at dubunit there about 150 miles away, think I might give them a call cheers
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]John9n3gti [/mention] tbf mine was still pretty responsive without a map just slightly lumpy on idle but now with a decent map it moves very quickly now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John9n3gti
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by John9n3gti »

Was mines lumpy but it you pic up the tickover does smooth out nicely. Mine does Rev up ok just like I said limits 3k till it’s up to temp, can remember it even done that before the swap. What turbo you got I did pick up a really low mile Garret off a 2.0tdi bmm. I bet it does can’t wait to get it sorted
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]John9n3gti [/mention] I’m running a pd150 turbo on mine atm as I wanted to get it all running smooth and nice before I go for more power. I’ve got everything set up to go for the 240+ mark once i swap turbo and adjust the map.

John9n3gti
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by John9n3gti »

think the bmm is a 140 what’s mines off. Yea best to getting it right first then go more power. Will be quick then my polo 1.8t is stage 2 240bhp that power would be fun in a diesel proper sleeper
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]John9n3gti [/mention] my original engine was the bmm but it shit it’s self and the engine was just battered. The bmm turbos are good to send off to have them made into a hybrid as I was going to do that with mine until the scrap men nabbed it . The pd130/150 in a van mapped it good will kill a gti golf lol I’ve had many of people pull up at the lights and ask what’s under the bonnet . I know a lad who’s got a pd150 arl running at 458bhp he holds the record for fastest front wheel drive caddy lol

John9n3gti
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by John9n3gti »

I was thinking about that but probably run it for a bit an save up. My polo is only 1100kg is from standard so is pretty quick at 240bhp even my fabia stage 1 does pretty good for what it is. Yea I bet as most of them look pretty much standard, can imagine that’s quick don’t spec there be much that would beat that off the line
Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]John9n3gti [/mention]

Yeh id imagine the polo is like a go-kart being light and nippy haha. It’s nice having a van with a bit of poke as you’ll always get people that just assume it’s a van with alloys but when you give a bit they then soon realise it’s not haha.

That’s how mine looks few things have been changed from this picture

John9n3gti
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by John9n3gti »

Yea is a fun car for sure. That’s why I can’t wait to sort mine, especially these boy racers on the rubbish fiesta st haha. That is nice mate, always wondered why my fabia 1.9 has a side mount but the caddy has standard front mount could never work that out.
John9n3gti
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by John9n3gti »

Here’s mine will get a few more bits once it’s mapped

Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]John9n3gti [/mention] yours look smart mate nice and clean looking. I can’t stand the fiesta boy racers get them none stop by me all night. Is your filter the AEM one? Also have you upgraded the intercooler?

John9n3gti
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by John9n3gti »

Cheers mate do love cleaning haha. Yea there’s plenty around here must be a good finance deal on them. No mate just a company called gravity, pipe, filter and heat shield under 100 the filter did have silver on top an bottom but ended up painting it. No standard fmic, I made up some boost pipes as the bls ones was didn’t fit that great

Azz03
Hyper Poster

Post by Azz03 »

[mention]John9n3gti [/mention] it’s the jlr scheme by me fiestas and focuses . Ahh it looks pretty similar to the 80mm aem one I’ve been looking at. I’ve just had a proper look at your photo of the engine bay and can see yours is loads different to mine. Turbo at the top standard intercooler and hoses at the top, Still looks good though. I’ve got a big s3 intercooler and hard pipe kit my engine is pretty much the asz minus the cam pulley lol

Cultus
100BHP+

Post by Cultus »

Not liking the sounds of your problem,
I just did the swap a few weeks ago and waiting for a recommended ECU tuning company to get to map it , as soon as you said " he was talking to another company" it's likely your problem is the guy you went to lacks experience to actually custom remap your ecu and simply slave maps from the franchise holder.

Best bring it to someone who can make a custom map for you as asposed to blundering another similarly tuned vans map to suit yours.

I used the asz engine , BLS seal arl head studs crank bolts, cam pulley and sensor , oil level sensor from BLS as asz wouldn't read, GTB 2260vk turbo and 3" stainless off the turbo just a Rez and back box( and it's actually quite!) S3 intercooler carbon nitride clutch and smf custom
2.5" intercooler piping .
And runs alright , i have the egr and asv off and there throwing up errors after abit , and it goes into limp in 3rd gear when it boosts and any higher gear, just turn it on and off to reset it !.... Constantly lol

ImageImage

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

John9n3gti
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by John9n3gti »

Hi hopefully won’t be much. Well fadr in Newcastle got back to me so will be seeing what they say an hopefully getting them to map it. Me an my mate who done the swap went to get it mapped by this guy an both said he doesn’t have a clue, I explained what I had done when booking it in an he said no problem wish he said he couldn’t do it. On the day he was saying I should not swapped the pulley when I got home I sent him the darkside guide he then denied he said it to me. Is that the sensor on the bottom of the sump. I’ve left my cat an just cut the back box off, like the fabia I had back box delete then went to decat but put a piper back box really I think leaving the decat an back box off felt quicker. So does yours Rev up or stay at 3k but like I said goes all the way when up to temp, il see what they say as think we have similar problems, can’t be much