Show off your caddy
Raph71
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

burgundy Caddy

Post by Raph71 »

Hello,
Raphael of Burgundy (France)
I bought in 2013 a 2007 Caddy 2k 1.9 TDI 105 which had 87000 km.
I started the mods straight away.

CABIN:
- complete soundproofing
- Touran sports seats with her bases
- Touran door panels
- Golf 5 Gti steering wheel refurberished
- Audi Sline gear knob
- Caddy life carpet,
- Volkswagen mats
- Passat W8 ceiling light with full led lighting
- Touran leather handbrake handle
- Aluminum veneers
- All anthracite plastics
- Glove box closure
- Hifi double din with small Focal box, etc...

AT THE REAR:
- Soundproofing and full carpeting
- Caddy Life ceiling
- LED lighting,
- 95% smoked rear windows.

EXTERNALLY:
- Touran front bumpers
- SEAT lower blade
- Touran moldings
- Side rail cover
- Painting of the plastics
- Removal of the rear windscreen wiper
- Eibach front sportprings
- K&W lowering plates at the rear
- Audi Fat Five rims from Audi A8 with Dunlop sport maxx 225/40 tires
- The body was completely wetsanded and then treated

ENGINE:
The engine receives a reprogramming and a BMC filter and give 149 dyno horsepower.

I never installed the Touran dashboard because of the extensive work but I want to install it today in order to find the same quality as on the door panels. I'm going to take the opportunity to insulate the engine bulkhead because it's the only noise level problem at the moment.
I am also looking to change the seats for the most beautiful and comfortable, even if the Touran sports seats are already very good!
Externally, I'm starting to look for parts to replace the front end with one from Touran 2010-2015.
I will also install 2015-2020 mirrors and taillights.
wheel rims, I want to go to 20 Bentley Mulliners or 19 Helios reps. I hesitate because the Audi rims are indestructible and I'm afraid that the reps in 19 are not up to the task on the small local country roads...
last point, even if I love the pleasure of my current engine, I would like something that sings a little!... So I'm looking to swap a VR6 in 2.8, 3.2 or 3.6.
In fact, after 10 years and 150000 km behind the wheel with a very nice Caddy, I want to push mods to a higher level!!
However, I will need your help for some points!!!
I am looking in particular for the reference of the parts to buy and cut before fitting on the car and which are used to position the fenders and the front mask.
I can't find them anymore.
If anyone has the part numbers for the left and right parts let it be for the 2010-2015 and 2015-2020 mods.
I would also like to know if the various radiators of the 2007 (water radiator, air conditioning, heat exchanger) can be mounted on the new masks.
Another question: is it hard to create a harness for an electric seat on a car with non-electric seats?
In short, I have a lot of questions to move forward.
Thank you for reading me despite my very... approximate English!!
P.S. I'll try to find a way to put pictures here (I'm bad at computers!!
Javito
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Re: burgundy Caddy

Post by Javito »

Hey Raph,

I hope you'll get to see this, it's an old post. I would have messaged you directly but I haven't got enough posts yet and don't want to spam the forum just to get the count up.

Anyways, first of all thank for the recommendation (shiftech), I need to give them a call.

A couple of questions about it... Did you get an egr delete with it? If so, did you have any troubles with the contrôle technique? I have no idea what they actually check but it would be quite simple to see the valve is always closed. I'm considering installing a simulator instead... I had one on my transit and it worked a treat.

Thanks again