My caddy life 1.9tdi

Show off your caddy
Marcotdi
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

My caddy life 1.9tdi

Post by Marcotdi »

Hei, Marco from Italy, bought a caddy some weeks ago because i needed something practical and cheap on gas to daily drive, after some months of searching i've found this an hour away from me.

It's a 2008 life 1.9 105, 274kms on the clock and i've already put a couple thousands more on it, extensive mainteinance done in the last couple of years (belt and water pump, luk clutch kit, handbrake cables and other small bits).
Marcotdi
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: My caddy life 1.9tdi

Post by Marcotdi »

Pretty dirty inside, and a little rough..probably was used as a work van at some point, so first thing a quick clean insideImage
Marcotdi
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Marcotdi »

Had a water leak due to a broken water return line and a oil leak in the tandem pump area so time for some cleaning in the engine bay, new return line, new thermostat and housing, new rocker cover gasket and tandem pump gasket, new oil filter housing gasket and new heater hoses as oil leaking had soften the original ones, new filters and fresh oil, should be ok for a while now. Also changed the firewall insulation panel
Marcotdi
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Marcotdi »

I'm against steelies (standard 15 slim steelies at leastImage) so with winter coming i bought some snow tires and a set of 16s and we're good for now, would like a bit of lowering and maybe some 18s next year but here in Italy it's quite expensive to have it done legally so we'll seeImage
Marcotdi
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Marcotdi »

Didn't like those dirty seats so went from these

To these

Touran bases and seats. Re-pinned airbag connectors, and a fresh retrimmed leather steering wheel

Pretty hally with them. Seats are much comfier, i really think they freshens up a lot the interiors
Marcotdi
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Marcotdi »

I have the complete dash ready to go inside but it will be a spring work as it's getting a little cold here and don't have enough room in the box