Mk4 caddy multifunction steering wheel upgrade what do I need to buy?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Daniel0402
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by Daniel0402 »

Hiya got an EX-BG caddy maxi starline 2016 and I want to upgrade the plastic wheel to the multifunction leather wheel from the highline / polo. Can anyone walk me threw what I need to buy to get it all to work and if there is cruise control on the wheel?

All help is appreciated seems like a mind field on the Facebook groups.
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Mk4 caddy multifunction steering wheel upgrade what do I need to buy?

Post by Doc »

Welcome to the forum.

Firstly, you will need to decide whether you want a Caddy or a Polo MFSW as both have different solutions for installation on your caddy.
To avoid confusion, make your decision and we can advise from there.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Daniel0402
Caddy Fan

Post by Daniel0402 »

Hiya and thank you for the reply, let’s go with the caddy wheel as I’m assuming this should be the simpler option.

Cheers,
Dan
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

Hi Daniel.

I’m just in the middle of doing the same to my 2011 ex BG van.
I see your caddy is the facelift model, so your current airbag should fit no problem.
You are going to have to remove your steering wheel top cowl cover and see what part number steering wheel control module you have. You will need one that supports cruise control and a multifunction wheel. You can find a list of compatible modules on the RossTech website.

As it’s a facelift, I don’t think you need a spacewalker module as those years had the option of cruise from the factory on the wheel.

Best bet, once you have full access is to look through the multifunction wheel thread on here. It’s like another language to start with, but after a few reads it starts making sense. Unlike Facebook, once the info is posted, it stays here. I believe with FB you can only go back so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Daniel0402
Caddy Fan

Post by Daniel0402 »

Hi there and thank you for your reply, how do I go about removing the steering wheel cowl I had a quick look online and could not see anyone showing how it’s done so I have a quick look at my own caddy and couldn’t figure out how to remove it. Cheers dan
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by the swan fiend »

You’ll need some trim removal tools. Squeeze a thin one in the gap between the top and bottom cowl pieces and gently wedge them apart. The top piece is simply clipped in, there’s no screws holding it in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me
Damo2k
Twin Turbo poster

Post by Damo2k »

There should be a torque screw going up into cover underneath next to the steering adjustment arm then pop the top cover off...u will have 2 more torque screws for the bottom cover they will be behind the steering wheel just turn your wheel to the left and there is one there and then turn right 90 degree for the second screw hope this hel

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Daniel0402
Caddy Fan

Post by Daniel0402 »

Thank you I found the screw going to have a look this weekend and see. Hoping I have the right module as I’m being quoted massive amounts of money for the module.
Daniel0402
Caddy Fan

Post by Daniel0402 »

Just a quick update for everyone I didn’t end up doing the multifunction wheel due to the cost it’s something I’m planning on doing later on down the line, I did how ever fit and code cruise control my self and can honestly recommend people doing it them self it cost me 35 for the part and 20 to borrow a friends cable for the day so 55 in total for cruise control stalk and spindle and coding! Will post a tutorial if anyone wants help I was flying blind when I did mine and kinda figured it all out as I went along. Cheers guys!
Natman151
Caddy Fan

Post by Natman151 »

I've got the same van and would be interested in a tutorial if you don't mind. Rough guide is fine e.g. the parts you bought and setting which had to be changed