Engine Swap / Box Swap

Show off your caddy
B18njy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Engine Swap / Box Swap

Post by B18njy »

Good evening guys,

Long story short, my 2011 1.6 CAYH decided to say good night last week. 202k miles on the clock no warning in terms of oil pressure, sat at the lights and next thing it sounds like a bag of spanners. First thoughts is crank bearings, got hot due low oil and said bye bye.

So on that basis I planned to swap for another low mileage CAY engine on the basis it’s the quickest and easiest to get it back on the road pronto.

Now in my head it made sense to do the 6 speed manual box conversion same time.

But and here’s the big but!
Managed to find an engine 1.6 CAY 91k on the clock that’s come out of another caddy van, and a 7spd DSG. Now this van has everything at the minute so my question is.

How difficult would it be to swap the DSG box into my van when am doing the engine swap?

What exact bits do I need from the DSG van to make the DSG work in my manual van?

DSG box
Shifter / selector
Pedals

What else? If anyone’s done this conversion your help would be massively appreciated! Can’t wait to get the van back on the road. Same time am gonna throw the hybrid turbo on, S3 Intercooler and once ready tune it.

Ben
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Re: Engine Swap / Box Swap

Post by Scoobysrt »

If you're tuning it why bother with the 1.6, go for the 2.0 and do away with the possible injector issues.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
B18njy
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Engine Swap / Box Swap

Post by B18njy »

I did consider this but I want the least amount of work possible as I just don’t have time to be working on my own van. If the 2.0 was a straight swap I’d jump at that but I didn’t think it was.