replace rear spring rubber bump stop

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
lal138
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

replace rear spring rubber bump stop

Post by lal138 »

Hi all the potholes have caused my rear spring rubber bump stop to come of on my caddy maxi life so its causing a knocking noise . Tried TPS none in stock local Vw commercial parts closed Sat so need to order on Mon . Not sure how they fit on anyone know please Many Thanks :D :D
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: replace rear spring rubber bump stop

Post by Doc »

They just press into the hole in the spring, the old one will likely need to be cut out as the backing will be left behind.

TPS should have ordered it for delivery Monday.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
lal138
100BHP+

Post by lal138 »

Hi Doc Thanks for swift reply . TPS would not let me order as i do not have trade account and Vindis Northampton no spares department staff on Saturday febi bilstein 26564 Bump Stop for leaf spring, pack of one on Amazon £5.90 each looks like these may do job for me. Part number supplied by Vindis was 2K3511153B but cannot order till Monday so need to check if this number is correct .Many Thanks for swift reply Pete :D :D
lal138
100BHP+

Post by lal138 »

Hi found post on brakes & suspension please help with knocking noise resolved my problems as had all the same problems as that member had encountered Big Thanks to members for posting there problems helps us all Thank You :D :D
lal138
100BHP+

Post by lal138 »

Hi just ordered on Amazon for delivery Sunday febi bilstein 26564 Bump Stop for leaf spring, pack of one on Amazon £5.90 each looks like these may do job for me. Quicker than TPS and VW and cheaper I bet .If fit okay I will replace the other three as when you feel them they all feel as they have perished a bit .Will let you know anyone else fitted these Many Thanks
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

New bumpstops can be an absolute pain to get in, don't be afraid to just some washing-up liquid to ease it in.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
stu_b
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by stu_b »

Caddy lube !
lal138
100BHP+

Post by lal138 »

Hi No problem fitting put car on lift put in the air spring opens up sprayed wd40 in hole and pulled stop through with pair of pliers jobs a good one no more rear end metal clanking Checked the other three all a bit perished so will need replacing on my caddy maxi life .Many Thanks :D :D :D :D
Keanaz
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by Keanaz »

Mine look OK but not sure if they are worn or not?
Got horrendous back end metal sound when hitting pot holes or drains etc
is it worth replacing or could it be something else?
(had a bit of weight in today and it was worse).

Keanaz
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Is it lowered? If its lowered has the bumpstop been cut down as required?
If its not lowered it could be a shock gone, exchaust catching or arb bushes.
2016 Starlight blue highline 2.0 tdi - stainless side bars - DubUnit remap 190 bhp ish - st x lowering kit - golf R cadiz 18" wheels - rear wiper delete - ProVan600 interior led light - red painted calipers - Kenwood headunit - sequential side repeaters - vcds hex net pro
lal138
100BHP+

Post by lal138 »

Hi I replaced all four bump stops that fit in bottom rear spring on my maxi life as one was missing and the others had perished stopped my metal knocking noise all good now thanks for your answers :D :D
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

You don't have have to post this on every thread.
There's only 2 bump stops on the rear, one on each side, I think you've probably replaced the leaf spring bushes.
theoldseacaptain
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by theoldseacaptain »

There are definitely 4 of the little rubber "bump stops" that fit between the two leafs of the rear axles - 2 on each spring. When these wear out and fall off, the leafs can bang together over bumps, pot holes, etc.

Obviously single leaf springs have none!

I think that there some confusion between these and the actual rubber bump stops that mount on the axle for when the suspension bottoms out.
Scoobysrt
Hyper Poster

Post by Scoobysrt »

Yes, as far as I'm aware vw call those rubber spacers.
The bump stops are the big rubber things that stops the suspension bottoming out, called bump stops on every vehicle I can think of. Just trying to get the clarification so someone doesn't go to a parts desk insisting there are 4 bump stops :lol:
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

In the interest of saving confusion, these are listed as "Stop Buffer" by VW, 2K5-511-155 is the part number.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort