Broken Caddy ☹️

Show off your caddy
Benjamin
Caddy2k Groupie

Broken Caddy ☹️

Post by Benjamin »

Hello everyone 👋

This is my first post so I’m limited to where I can put this, I’ve been a member a while just lurking and getting loads of good advice as this seems to be the best place anywhere for good advice on caddy’s.

I have a 13 caddy maxi c20 bluemotion with 200k motorway miles so the engine is still good and the interior is nice 👍
It was a wonderful workhorse until during winter and some severe torrential rain and flooding which I drove through, this caused a breakdown and EGR fault that kept coming back in the wet, long story short I got an EGR delete and a remap that made the van run superbly and a joy to drive, but about 3 weeks later I had a small bump and the radiator, bumper, offside wing, lamp and bonnet are now buggered, insurance valued at £5500 and said beyond repair so I got the cash minus excess and the £1200 salvage value since I felt it’s repairable and worth more.

So I’ve had to get a new lease van as I’m a self employed plumber with a wife, a baby and one in the oven but I’m now planning to get a £1200 loan to fix the van then sell it for £3500-4000 so I can kit out my new van and get my business going.

A garage quoted me £1700 all in to repair but Im sure I can do it myself since it’s mainly cosmetic, I’d tea like some advice on the best place to buy the parts quickly and cheaply if possible, or even your opinions on the best course of action, cash is tight and time is short but all tge buy any vehicle people are offering stupid money without even seeing it, the insurance will still pay £1200 if I let them take it but considering the rising value of vans, the fact I payed £4000 last year and insurance company valued at £5500 this year I really want to repair and sell as it’s such a lovely van.

Your advice and opinions be much appreciated, many thanks in advance 🙏
the swan fiend
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Re: Broken Caddy [emoji3525]

Post by the swan fiend »

Hi mate. Bit of a poor run of luck you had with the van there. I damaged my bumper a few years ago by hitting a large object on a dark motorway slip road. I bought an aftermarket black textured bumper from eBay for about £110 and changed it myself. The rest should be easy enough to change. I’ve been told the from quarter glass needs to come out to change a wing. I imagine that bit would be a bit awkward.
I’d start with eBay, try your local breakers yard too. The expensive bit will be the paint I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rescue me from the swans in me