Secundus.....

Show off your caddy
fishynos72
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Re: Secundus.....

Post by fishynos72 »

I'm definitely here for the custom dash setup.

I'd love to get a Tiguan MIBII into my Mk4 caddy dash, but unfortunately there's not quite enough room.
How many is too many Volkswagens?
TheGee
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 Stage 3+ TFSI

Post by TheGee »

Thanks Swan once it’s all blended and re trimmed it’ll be much more oem looking

Fishy there’s always room mate, you just have to get creative

The way I tackle dash builds initially is to get a spare dash, get the measurements of whatever it is you want to fit and make MDF mock pieces so you can physically see what fits where and how. An option I’m debating is my mids going tight against the screen which is going to take quite a bit of redirecting of the vent ducts within the dash. Initially I had 5” mids but no way those are gonna fit so I’m down to a 3” and a special kind of tweeter (more testing to happen with those).
Obviously it’s good having a spare dash out of the car to mess around with and once you’re set with positioning you have the dash there to build & swap into the van when it’s done
Instagram @geedubcaddy

New build thread >>HERE<<
fishynos72
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by fishynos72 »

Yeah Ive been eyeing for a spare mk4 dash.

Even if the airbag has gone off- just to mock everything all up
How many is too many Volkswagens?
tippo
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by tippo »

Ipad, really nice! :)

What happened to the centre vents, just blocked them?

Cheers
2014 Caddy Maxi Life 2.0 TDI - Stealth Camper
Gmancan1
200BHP+

Post by Gmancan1 »

Was thinking ipad be cool! It is!! You got it connected to a cdplayer behind or anything?
TheGee
100BHP+

Post by TheGee »

Thanks guys :)

Tippo yes I just blocked the centre vents off & sealed them :)

Gman it's a stand alone system as I've stripped all the oem audio out. The iPad is hardwired to an external DAC & then on through a Helix DSP etc but it could easily be done by bluetooth to the headunit tho 8)
Instagram @geedubcaddy

ToiletTFSI
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)

Post by ToiletTFSI »

Great work. RTA fabrications look to have some some great customer facias which look OE.
TheGee
100BHP+

Secundus.....

Post by TheGee »

Thanks

RTA are good but crazy prices
Instagram @geedubcaddy

TheGee
100BHP+

Post by TheGee »

So here we go again with the bright idea of doing my headlights again Image starting with a full dechrome….

The sequential indicator strip will be covered with thin frosted plastic covering stuff, the turbine shrouds are dechromed in the same satin black, and both bulbs are having the sexy hexy lenses. Both bulbs will also have full colour change devil eyes controlled from the iPad but I’ve done them differently behind the lenses so the outer lens will be much brighter than the inner high beam.

I didn’t take many photos because I was kinda building and modifying as I go but I’ll do some detailed photos on the other lamp so if anyone wants to try it they can Image
Instagram @geedubcaddy

MaxiMonster
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by MaxiMonster »

Great looking build so far man, innovation stacked on innovation! Keep it up!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

gazza31112
Hyper Poster

Post by gazza31112 »

Headlights look great mate, did you use a heat gun to split them?

Sent from my moto g31(w) using Tapatalk

philwheels
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by philwheels »

loving the build, headlight mods look great
Gmancan1
200BHP+

Post by Gmancan1 »

Them lifhts will look unreal!

I toyed with idea of tryibg the hex shape (sorta like a u shape)

But i
Know little
TheGee
100BHP+

Post by TheGee »

Thanks everyone much appreciated Image

Finally I’ve finished one headlight lol

The frustrating thing is, I only have a few weeks to get the other side done before it goes into the body shop and I’m swamped with work and no time to spare Image

So, splitting headlights…..I tried the oven approach, and, my wife was right…it didn’t work. It didn’t work so much that the house stank for 2 days and every time the oven is used we get further reminders that I shouldn’t be left unsupervised. With headlight number 2 I tried the heat gun method and slowly slowly it worked without using any tools although I still can’t play unsupervised as she doesn’t know I bought yet another headlight 🥷Image
Instagram @geedubcaddy

TheGee
100BHP+

Post by TheGee »

So a little update…..I had an annoying grumble coming from my front left wheel which followed road speed and only on acceleration, the garage man I now call Manuel due to his complete and utter incompetence says “ah wheel bearing is easy”. He changes wheel bearing, still grumbles. “Ah is inner wheel bearing, is easy” that’s not it either. “Ah must be drive shaft is easy” nope….it ain’t that. “Ah I fix for you van stay here”…..“Mr Manuel, you have rightfully earned the swift kick in the bollox you deserve, I’d rather have piles than leave my van with you.” En route to garage #2, the big bang theory becomes big bang reality and it’s now obvious to the new garage man that a gearbox part was the culprit because it’s now detonated and I need a new diff/gearbox, clutch, dual mass flywheel and etc etc.

So, in my world, this is the engine god’s sending me a secret message because I also can’t get the paint needed for the body shop holiday on sept 11th….I was nervous planning an engine conversion after the respray…however……

34,000 genuine miles and the same price as sorting the gearbox Image

The bodywork has now been postponed until November after the mechanic has finished with the the engine conversion, StillStatic booking hopefully won’t change so that gets the lowering and the mega brakes on, also I can now strip the dash and heater matrix out to deaden the bulkhead, finish the soundproofing everywhere behind the dash, run in the additional cables and all sorts of fun stuff! Isn’t Caddy life fun ImageImageImage
Last edited by TheGee on Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram @geedubcaddy