My 2016 black highline

Show off your caddy
Deanomk1
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.8 20V Turbo

My 2016 black highline

Post by Deanomk1 »

I’ve had the van a few months now and a it’s changed a bit so thought I better start a thread for it.
I’d wanted a caddy for a while but most were plus vat and then covid came and prices went a bit mad. This one popped up at a dealer in Southampton with no vat, the right colour, decent mileage and great condition so I snapped it up.

First thing on order was a genuine spoiler and a side rail and cover then it went off to the body shop for painting and fitting
Then It was on to lowering, BC racing coilovers and a whiteline rear antiroll bar were fitted and the arch gap was much better.

Then it was the hard part of finding some wheels. I was struggling to find any I really liked (apart from some from 2012 that aren’t made anymore and appear to be rare) but these popped up used on eBay, sent them for a colour change from anthracite to silver and had 4 nangkangs fitted

Deanomk1
Caddy Fan

Re: My 2016 black highline

Post by Deanomk1 »

Also added some dynamic indicators in black and some climair wind deflectors.
Then it was the task of sound deadening ready to have a go at carpeting the back.

Waiting for some longer trim clips so I can do the original covers to match. Hated every minute of the carpeting but I’m happy with how it’s turned out
DW2207
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by DW2207 »

Some nice little touches you have done there buddy.
Those wheels work rather nicely with your colour van .
A few other vans on here are running the bc coilovers. They look a nice, well engineered piece of kit.
I went for the climair deflectors this time too.
Much better build a fit than the previous heko ones I had.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Ol_Dransfield
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by Ol_Dransfield »

Nice start mate. Are the BCs at their max low? Seen a couple say they aren’t low enough on theirs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deanomk1
Caddy Fan

Post by Deanomk1 »

Cheers guys. Yeah I did quite a bit of reading on here before settling on the bc coilovers and I’m glad I went with them. Not the cheapest but they seem well made and there’s a good amount of adjustability.
Not fully down no. Still have 1 hole on the rear and probably 20/30mm left on the front.
I may try it lower just to see what clearance is like. Was a little cautious because of the wheel wobble on the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Deanomk1
Caddy Fan

Post by Deanomk1 »

New mats arrived today to keep my new carpets clean. Seem good quality and a very good fit.

Also dusted off the da polisher and gave the van a quick buff
Paintwork was surprisingly good for black so a light cut got rid of light swirls

Dropped off the caddy life mirror covers to be painted today so should get them back next week then I’ll fit them.