My ride

Show off your caddy
Jenk0
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

My ride

Post by Jenk0 »

I picked up my 2009 1.9TDI with 141k on it just over a year ago now, it was an ex service van for a local company but had a fair few problems. From seized brakes to the usual intermittent faults that seem to plague an otherwise bomb proof engine.
So I’ll list what I’ve done so far and what is in the pipeline along with any issues I’ve encountered. Hopefully this will help others or simply be a good reference for me :P
Van is a swb and came with a rear axle flip lowering kit. I removed this fitted heavy duty leafs and reused the saddles but fitted new U bolts Cost about £200 all in but had to be done to allow next mod.
Fitted black T6 alloys along with PCD conversions. PCD kit gives 20mm spacer as well as correct stud pattern i like the stance and. Handles really well speedo is a little out but thats an issue for another day.
Freed up all the brakes replaced all pads and discs and both rear callipers. That sorted out the braking issue.
Unfortunately the MOT failed on excessive corrosion drivers side sill. So 1 new sill and a front wing a few weekends and late nights and. 6 rattle cans later and i got an MOT pass.
Camper van stickers now fitted help cover the DIY paint job.
Pioneer head unit with reversing camera fitted.
Rear interior stripped cleaned and insulated. New pre-cut panels fitted and carpeted all round. With LED roof lights. 2 x 200AH lithium batteries and 3000W inverter with solar hook up and a DC-DC charger. Tentbox on the roof.
Latest mod was a cluster upgrade as i had no temp gauge. I got a Touran cluster off eBay along with a spare key (only 1 came with the van) had this cut locally and coded it in myself with my AUTEL. Since doing this I’ve decided to go with the later cluster and some new stalks to try and add the MFD control and CC to it. So that will be my next post hopefully. Also need to sort out an intermittent P0299 fault. Will add in what I do with that also.
Will put together some pics of some of the work I’ve done and add them to the thread.
Jenk0
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: My ride

Post by Jenk0 »

Quick update, I finally got round to replacing the steering column stalks today. Was a bit fiddly but got it done with minimal tools. These were to compliment the instrument upgrade i had previously fitted, i coded that in with Autel IM508 along with a new key. I now have a functioning MFD from a Touran but more importantly i have a temp gauge.
But wait i had a bonus, i now have cruise control too :D . I purchased the stalks with the module attached so with a little coding via VCDS it was an easy upgrade. I did do some research and checked part numbers first. So for those who may be thinking of doing the same, there is some good info on VCDS website relating to part numbers.
Needhamjakee
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Needhamjakee »

Hello,

I currently have the cluster with no temp gauge, I have picked a newer one with a temp gauge from a touran as well, what coding is needed?
Is the CC a simple plug in, turn on once this is done?
And assuming I’ll need a stalk for the other side to cycle through the display?

I have OBD11 and have read you can turn on CC with it?

Cheers,
Jake
Gmancan1
200BHP+

Post by Gmancan1 »

I believe if u plug it in it will brick ur van. I got a blue needle cluster was told
That anyway (would fix my lcd clock too)

But dont quote me
Needhamjakee
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Needhamjakee »

Appreciate it mate,
Have you got any pics?

Cheers,
Jake
Gmancan1 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:12 am I believe if u plug it in it will brick ur van. I got a blue needle cluster was told
That anyway (would fix my lcd clock too)

But dont quote me
Gmancan1
200BHP+

Post by Gmancan1 »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295946626151 ... media=COPY

I got this hoping just be a swap. Win win blue needles and fix my clock lcd

But after talking to a few (it makes since)

Needs coded to the key milage corrected
odis or avdi immobiliser tools needed ..

Some guys can do if u take your clocks and the new ones and aend off (was a guy on fb who could do)

Tho stan the caddy man on insta would be another one.

Maybe someone in here could point yanin right direction (im ni based so its pretty awkward to get stuff done :( )