From Shitbox to Daily +

Show off your caddy
StianL
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

From Shitbox to Daily +

Post by StianL »

Bought a 2008 Caddy about a year ago, being used as a workers van until i bought it, it has some "Flaws". Got some rust on most panels, and was dirty as f*ck on the inside. Previous owner said the clutch was bad, but i havent noticed it yet. Gotten to drive it for a while now and i really enjoy it , so i want to do some upgrades to it while keeping it rolling.
Hopefully get it to Daily+

Best photo of the state of the outside of the car ( Already removed the moulding for rust repair)

Plans for the car:(*= Inprogress += Done)

-Soundeadning and Carpet lining *
-Carpeting or Laying som nicer floor in the back
-Upgraded stereo, atleast speakers. Might do a custom Tablet install instead of a Headunit *
-Touran Center console with Arm rest
-Changing or updating the current Door Cards
-Change Seats
-Updated bumper (Most likely Touran Swap)
-Debadging the small Badges + Painting the big badges +
-Painting and color codeing some exterior parts *

Also want to do steering wheel, Cruise Control and Instruments, but wont decide on that until i can read the How to part of the Forum

First mod was debadge and painting the rear Vw emblem
StianL
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: From Shitbox to Daily +

Post by StianL »

Gotten som work done on it this weekend.
Painted the drivers door, its handle and the side trims.

Sand blasted then painted the bad spots ( Bit of a quick fix, but im on the fence about getting some better doors. then might go for a partial respray of the car)
When i get the new front bumper im also swapping out the wings for new ones, and fixing or changing the rocker bottom.

Not sure i did the right choice by painting the handles gloss black instead of color codeing them
Weylin_mordigan
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Weylin_mordigan »

Regarding the handles. How about hydro dipping then carbon fiber? And continuing the theme?

Grills
Interior trims
License plate lights plinth
StianL
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by StianL »

Not sure about hydrodipping, but ive actualy been thinking about either trying my hands on regular carbon fiber or forged carbon fiber for some exterior/interior parts

Been a cold snap where i live the last week with -10 to -25 Celsius so havent gotten around to do anything.

Got my Team Heko Wind deflectors and my new wing indicators in black so hopefully get those on the car this weekend atleast :P