MAN! I need to get my post count moving...

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
ibace
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

MAN! I need to get my post count moving...

Post by ibace »

I see so many tips & guides mentioned in different threads...and keep seeing "You are not authorised to read this forum." which is, I assume...because I am a New Member and need to earn the privilege to access needed info...

FWIW...here's a view of the customising done to facilitate the Disabled Wheelchair/Scooter access...if only is was motorised...

As may be seen...my Van is pretty much a standard ex-factory unit...excepting the Disabled Modifications...but at least I have started with some personalising & customising....it's just not overly grand at the moment...HA HA!

As an aside...I must admit I absolutely hate the existing colour scheme of the Dashboard lighting...the Red Font on the Display Screen is bad enough...but I especially dislike the Purple/Lilac/Mauve of the Dashboard Backlights...is there a simple way to change them? I do have a half decent Laptop and a Ross version 23.3 VAG COM Diagnostic Tool to wrestle with some settings...

I guess that's it for now...
Caddy4 Shane
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CNG (107bhp)

Re: MAN! I need to get my post count moving...

Post by Caddy4 Shane »

Hi, your caddy looks clean and tidy, I have the same I need to get posts up too. Have you got any plans for future after the dash ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ibace
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ibace »

I do...but have had my attention diverted from the Caddy with issues concerning my Wife's Health...so that has been first priority rather than keeping up to speed with Internet stuff. Will get back into it soon enough...amazing how time gets away from you...

Found a more detailed pic of the modified rear end...
Caddy4 Shane
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CNG (107bhp)

Post by Caddy4 Shane »

Sorry to hear that hope that this setup really helps out for her mobility then.
stu_b
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by stu_b »

ibace, great you've got your count up !!
the WC access looks like they've done a clean job
you'll make your wife proud
sorry to hear about her ill health, hopefully things will turn up trumps
Andy-Lloyd
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (102bhp)

Post by Andy-Lloyd »

Same, currently trying to post and help out where I can. In the process of doing a 1.6 to 2.0 DSG conversion, so I should imagine there is some useful information on the forum when I have full access.
ibace
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by ibace »

That's my hope too! But have been remiss these past few days...sadly my Wife's health has deteriorated...so bad I had to decide to tell the Doctors to begin Palliative Care...

I tell you; after over 53 years of Married Life...that was a terrible choice to have to make; but I do believe it was in her best interests. There's no quality of Life when you're Bedridden, unable to even walk and it becomes a chore to simply breathe...then it is time to...consider one's options.

Feeling pretty shitty...
kobat79
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by kobat79 »

Sorry to hear that buddy. Sounds very tough. Best wishes to you and your wife.
stu_b
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Post by stu_b »

Ibace, don't feel bad about the hardest decision you've probably ever had to make in your entire life
Stand tall and proud as you wife would know that you have her best interests at heart and she would do exactly the same for you
53yrs is a very admirable effort
Don't dwell on the negatives
Reminisce about all the wonderful moments and memories you've shared and all the fun and laughter you've had along the way

From a personal and professional point of view / experience, palliative care is wonderful
Your loved one, in your case your wife will have the most caring of care, all the comforts she can ever imagine or ever hoped for and staff that are so truly understanding and compassionate to her and your needs
DON'T be afraid to ask them if something concerns you or you would like to know more, if they can't answer or don't know the answer they should find out for you

I know we are on opposite sides of the world (im in Australia) however there are some good folk here (as well as your family members) who are supportive should you need someone to talk to

My heart goes out to you in your emotional predicament

Life is cruel, unfair and unjust
But you've enjoyed a wonderful 53yrs of life together so feel blessed that you had all of that to share

Take care buddy
Stu