Faulty Sat Nav

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Joncal
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Faulty Sat Nav

Post by Joncal »

Whilst driving from U.K. to Spain last week, my sat nav got lost. It started misbehaving in Rouen and continued throughout the journey with the upshot that whilst my 2018 Caddy (with standard infotainment module) is now parked in Malaga province, the sat nav says I am parked in Worcester. Is there a way to reboot the antenna? Or, some other solution?
Jon
stu_b
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.6 CR TDI (75bhp)

Re: Faulty Sat Nav

Post by stu_b »

hey mate
no solution for your problem - soz
but it would be good if it were the other way around
sitting in your driveway in Worcester you go out to your Caddy and all of a sudden you find yourself in Malaga !!
it's like virtual holiday !!
hope you get the problem fixed as it sounds frustrating
Joncal
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Joncal »

Thanks. Hot and Sunny here in real Malaga! Anyway, I took the SD out a few times on the journey to see if that helped, but to no avail. When I got here I removed it and left it out for 10 days. Popped it back in and it’s all working fine again. Must be the automotive equivalent of the classic IT guy trick - turn it off, wait a bit, turn it back on again!
Jon
SnoWhite
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Post by SnoWhite »

You do not state what GPS system you have, but assuming it is a VW unit like a RNS510 this video shows how to carry out a factory reset and also a soft reset.

If it is a different VW naviation system check the user manual as it should include equivalent Instructions on how to reset the unit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11S_i0IkXXw

Note that after a reset it will need to look for satellites before it can work - so make sure the vehicle is outdoors.
Joncal
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Joncal »

Many thanks. If it happens again, I’ll do that.
Jon