Scanner problem

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Hiks
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Scanner problem

Post by Hiks »

I picked up a cheap scanner as I suspect a bad injector and hoped it would confirm and tell me which one before getting everything ordered.

It's a cheap Autel unit which I assumed is compatible as it came up on a few topics when I was searching the forum.

The van is a 2007 1.9 TDI

I had a linking error for a while but pressing against the plug it seemed to scan correctly but most of the monitors are set to N/A is this normal? Do I need a different scanner?

All I have is fuel system & comp. Component showing as OK, everything else is N/A.

Just wondering if it's worth checking fuses or if the scanner isn't compatible and I'd be wasting my time. If the scanner *should* work for what I need it too then I'll do some more digging.
dontknowz
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Re: Scanner problem

Post by dontknowz »

Hiks wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:03 pm I picked up a cheap scanner as I suspect a bad injector and hoped it would confirm and tell me which one before getting everything ordered.

It's a cheap Autel unit which I assumed is compatible as it came up on a few topics when I was searching the forum.

The van is a 2007 1.9 TDI

I had a linking error for a while but pressing against the plug it seemed to scan correctly but most of the monitors are set to N/A is this normal? Do I need a different scanner?

All I have is fuel system & comp. Component showing as OK, everything else is N/A.

Just wondering if it's worth checking fuses or if the scanner isn't compatible and I'd be wasting my time. If the scanner *should* work for what I need it too then I'll do some more digging.
I've got a £100 scanner off of amazon that does most cars and it doesn't display much live data at all on my caddy you'd probably need a better one or ideally vcds then you'll be able to see everything there is. hope that helps