Tfsi help!!

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
JackHale14
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Tfsi help!!

Post by JackHale14 »

Hoping this is ok to post here as I’m at the end of my tether. Not sure if the van is worth anything in it’s current state as Im thinking about just selling cheap with all the info I’ve managed to gather in order to recoup some money.

October last year I bought a tfsi converted van that was all in running order or so I thought. 24 miles later the thing is misfiring. Tracked down the owner before previous who had all of these same issues and spent a lot of money trying to rectify. Seller I bought from I believe scanned all error codes and took me for a test drive where of course, the van was all in working order 🥲

Van will turn over (now needs a new battery)
but it’s in no state to really drive around the country for remedial work. I’m located in Bristol and having a really hard time trying to find someone look at the van and therefore carry out the work. Most people I have got in contact with want nothing to do with it. I’m thinking it needs either a new engine or the complete engine/conversion doing again.

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone local to this area or would not mind collecting the van to perform the works needed.

The £8000 I spent was largely for a house deposit, however it was what I thought, cheaper to buy this van than to do all of the work to my other caddy, which is was also cursed Image. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, had I have known history of the van I wouldn’t have purchased.

It’s been sat on the drive since October and I’m no closer to having anything sorted, and have since got rid of my other caddy after spending small fortunes on repairs.

If anyone could point me in the direction of someone who could carry out this work that would be amazing, or if anyone can help me price what it’s worth in current condition, as I said before I really am considering just cutting my losses and selling at a massive loss just to recoup some money, and put it down to an awful private sale experience.

Again mods if not appropriate please remove the post ImageImage
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Tfsi help!!

Post by Doc »

I have no problem with you posting this, I think it's a highly valuable post to have on the forum.
The amount of bodged engine conversions I've seen or been asked to put right, you wouldn't believe. Trouble is, most people have paid a premium price for an already converted caddy, blinkered by the novelty of what's under the bonnet. When they get to look over it properly and use it for a bit, reality hits home and that is where the idea of spending thousands putting it right hurts.

The country is full of these converted Caddys, the good ones tend to stay with their original owner or among their friends as they know the value. The bad ones get moved around like a chess piece.

Harsh as it might sound, those who know how to build them properly are busy doing just that for customers willing to pay their price. Taking on a half finished job from somewhere else is just not worth the headache.

As to where you go from here, I can't advise as that's down to you. I would say, be open and honest if you are selling, there's nothing worse than bad karma.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
JackHale14
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JackHale14 »

That’s my thoughts exactly, I was open and honest with the sale of my last van as it’s no fun at all. I have no idea what it’s valued at, any advice on this would be amazing. Accepted I’m going to have to pay the full whack to get it put right, any good builders anyone can recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

If the engine is in and running, I'd be looking at someone to do some fault finding on it first. Jumping right into getting it redone isn't going to work as there's no knowing what's wrong, what's been done right or wrong, what's missing, what's coded out.....
Quantify your problems, take it from there.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
JackHale14
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JackHale14 »

I had one person scan it but the codes I provided, weren’t the same as a VCDS scan. I’ll try and find the pics to upload here!

JackHale14
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by JackHale14 »