Caddy mk4 fog lights

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
phil_m
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Caddy mk4 fog lights

Post by phil_m »

Does anyone know if the caddy mk4 comes with the loom already to plug and play? Been looking at this fog light kit for my van https://travelinlite-transporters.co.uk ... -brand-new just looking for advice if all of this kit would be required thanks
allanwarnock
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Re: Caddy mk4 fog lights

Post by allanwarnock »

I would like to know this too
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

If the fog lights were not fitted from the factory, there will be no wiring in place. VW, or any vehicle manufacturers for that matter, don't tend to give away unnecessary parts when building their vehicles.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Alex mc
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Alex mc »

@phil_m I bought this kit and found it was sent with transporter T6 lamps which I didn’t think would fit so sent them back and got them sent again . I then spoke them and they assured me they would work with what was sent . I then made contact with a friend in vw parts and he advised the lamps were a different part number and shape.

@Doc would I be right in saying these could be retro fitted with the supplied loom in the kit and a with a little coding work ?

I’ve had my bumper off and the plastic cage/holders for the lamps are there on the back of the bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phil_m
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by phil_m »

Just bought these earlier today.. I’ll update if any issues cheers for the heads up
phil_m
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by phil_m »

Alex mc wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:18 pm @phil_m I bought this kit and found it was sent with transporter T6 lamps which I didn’t think would fit so sent them back and got them sent again . I then spoke them and they assured me they would work with what was sent . I then made contact with a friend in vw parts and he advised the lamps were a different part number and shape.

@Doc would I be right in saying these could be retro fitted with the supplied loom in the kit and a with a little coding work ?

I’ve had my bumper off and the plastic cage/holders for the lamps are there on the back of the bumper.

Fog lights do fit no issues 👍
phil_m
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by phil_m »

Fitting the front spoiler and fog lights today no sure how to post a picture up.
Alex mc
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by Alex mc »

@phil_m thanks for confirming the lamps fit. I’ve got my covers I’m getting painted at the moment once these are back I’ll fit mine.

Look forward to seeing the pictures of them fitted . Let me know how you get on with the wiring. Have you used a particular route back up to the fuse box ?

phil_m
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by phil_m »

Alex mc wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:12 am @phil_m thanks for confirming the lamps fit. I’ve got my covers I’m getting painted at the moment once these are back I’ll fit mine.

Look forward to seeing the pictures of them fitted . Let me know how you get on with the wiring. Have you used a particular route back up to the fuse box ?

I will be taking them off again as painting gloss black the front plastics. I have a diagram that has came with it the wiring part I will do once get this done, just wanted to get them fitted up to make sure they fitted good or would have returned them
phil_m
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by phil_m »

Alex mc wrote:@phil_m thanks for confirming the lamps fit. I’ve got my covers I’m getting painted at the moment once these are back I’ll fit mine.

Here a pic of these fogs fitted along with front spoiler

allanwarnock
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by allanwarnock »

That looks great Phil. Will be interested to see how good/easy the wiring kit is also.