Touran engine swap

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Sam19
Caddy2k Groupie

Touran engine swap

Post by Sam19 »

Hi All,

Iv just bought a caddy and looking at a touran this week to do a rear seat conversion on my caddy. The touran im going to look at has an autobox. im going to assume a DSG but unsure. I have a auto T5 and quite like the idea of the caddy being auto. its currently manual. has anybody done the swap?

Sam
Bahnstormer
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (138bhp)

Re: Touran engine swap

Post by Bahnstormer »

You don't mention which engine you've got and what engine the Touran has, and I can't help with the transmission, but I went from 1.6 TDi 5 speed to 2.0 TDi 6 speed, all from a Touran.

The engine itself is a straight swap, however the electrics are slightly different. You will need the engine harness from the Touran and some plugs will need re-pinning, others will need entire wires adding to them. The 2.0 has a whole plug which the 1.6 doesn't, so you'll need to add the connector and all of the associated wiring to the 1.6 side of things. The 2.0 also has a secondary fuel pump which the 1.6 doesn't, so you'll need to add wiring and relay to get that functioning otherwise the van won't run.

If you're buying a whole Touran, you can use the keys, clocks and ECU from the Touran, but you'll need to tell your Caddy ABS module that it's now a Touran (not the best solution tbh, it would be better to get someone with the right equipment to recode the clocks to your Caddy). You'll possibly also need to use the Touran CAN gateway instead of the Caddy in order to get the alternator to self-excite.

If you don't already own it, get hold of a genuine copy of VCDS and study the wiki, there's a lot of useful info in there.
Sam19
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Touran engine swap

Post by Sam19 »

sorry my fault,

My caddy is a 1.9 105Pd and the Touran is a 2.0tdi 140. the touran is up for sale as an MOM failure on welding needed so i was going to buy and do a seat conversion and engine swap.

sam