Mk6 r steering wheel

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Ryzar1
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Mk6 r steering wheel

Post by Ryzar1 »

Hey guys I've just replaced my mk5 GTI wheel with a mk6 r wheel got everything working except the horn I've triple checked everything I've even updated the slip ring still won't work any help would be appreciated cheers

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Re: Mk6 r steering wheel

Post by Doc »

There must be some faulty part in the loop if you've checked everything.
The mk6 steering wheel has the internal control module in a position where it can get water damaged if it's been sat in a breakers yard open to the elements.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
allanwarnock
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4TSI

Post by allanwarnock »

100% sure you attached all spade connectors?
Ryzar1
Hyper Poster

Post by Ryzar1 »

Yes everything is attached as it should be the mk5 one still works when I switch them out not getting any other errors either

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

Have you set the coding correctly for the change from Mk5 (LIN1.3) to mk6(LIN2.0)?
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Ryzar1
Hyper Poster

Post by Ryzar1 »

I've only done the coding for the control module

Doc
Not God, just a bellend

Post by Doc »

It's been a while since I did this type of coding but I seem to recall there's some numbers 1-4 for LIN1.3 and 4-7 for LIN2.0
You need LIN2.0 for a mk6 wheel so this will need to be changed when swapping from mk5 between mk6 wheels.