Lots of problems, new van?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
dontknowz
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Lots of problems, new van?

Post by dontknowz »

Hi guys my vans destined for the scrap yard at this point

Ive got a occasional tick coming from what seems like the top end but not sure what it could be other than valve train related

The van has a screech noise when i turn left or right at a slow speed no play in any of the wheels and the top mounts feel fine

It’s recently started drinking antifreeze ive checked the oil and it looks fine no milkiness so suspecting the charge cooler has gone recently had the pump done so don't think its that its also not leaking

The van just overall sounds ropey it pulls fine but just kinda sounds a bit like a tractor has never sounded quite right since ive owned it when it idles it sounds fine just anything higher than 1500 rpm it sounds a bit i off , i wouldn’t say knocky just like tickey but not the same as the valve train tick thats best i can describe it

I thinks its time to find a new van 😂
Dextersaurus
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Re: Lots of problems, new van?

Post by Dextersaurus »

Sounds more like it's time to weigh up your options.

Scrapping the van seems a shame if the body is in good condition, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper to source and fit a new engine than it is to buy another van

Could be time for a swap to a better engine. There are plenty out there!
2009 Caddy SWB 104
Edinburgh, Scotland
dontknowz
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by dontknowz »

Yeah i have been thinking of just selling the van as is but booked it into a garage to see how bad it actually is if its just a injector ticking and maybe a charge cooler or egr cooler id probably just fix it but if its a new engine then ill just sell it on for cheap, hopefully its nothing serious but this van has caused me nothing but issues which is a shame
Jeff84
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jeff84 »

If it’s been issues throughout the ownership, it could just be a better time to walk away & have a better experience with something newer, some cars or vans just seem to break & others not so much