caddy van project

Show off your caddy
caddyvanman
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: caddy van project

Post by caddyvanman »

Paul RS wrote:Love the Touran front :mrgreen:

What are you going to do to get 250bhp? Do you need headwork for that power level?
The power side of things he is sorting ime just panting it but from what hes said theres quite alot of bits needed such as tubular exhaust manifold,hes chosen to use an audi q7 turbo and go back to using a conventional actuator,race injector nozzles,egr delete kit,3 inch exhaust system,larger alloy cooler,4 bar map sensor,remapping it and 6 speed box am sure ive missed some of the bits hes mentioned...once the caddy is done and tuned he will be offering to sell the performance parts and also fitt and get the vehicles mapped f the customer needed that...we did think of making front strut braces for the caddys.

heres a link to a mini he built for a customer from start to finish he did all the work apart from the painting and engine build
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4OBcLLeO80
caddyvanman
100BHP+

Post by caddyvanman »

Well got a little more progress done got the rear doors repaired and primed we de wiperd the rear door and decided do de handle the side loading doors,also got the front and rear bumpers painted over the weekend ile get the other bits painted and get the van built up and flatted and polished ready to then get on with the tning side of things and getting it lowerd and the alloys on...

minibikepro31
Hyper Poster

Post by minibikepro31 »

I like where this build thred is going. Alot!!
IN THE BOOST!
caddyvanman
100BHP+

Post by caddyvanman »

minibikepro31 wrote:I like where this build thred is going. Alot!!
will be an awsum van when its done
deanhook1978
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by deanhook1978 »

That front end looks mean :D
caddyvanman
100BHP+

Post by caddyvanman »

deanhook1978 wrote:That front end looks mean :D
Cheers dean ive got to split the headlights and do the insides black to tie in with the blk and grey theme...ile be doing some moe to it today so will get some more piks up asap hope you all like it
minibikepro31
Hyper Poster

Post by minibikepro31 »

If your going down the 250bhp line what else you going to be needing to do? will the conrods ect take the toqure that it will make? Also what lsd you going to be running? running my van at 202bhp at the mo and its on the edge of being a tyre killer any more would be a waist of time. However im thinking another remap and a lsd could see a bit more power to the floor :lol: :shock:
IN THE BOOST!
caddyvanman
100BHP+

Post by caddyvanman »

minibikepro31 wrote:If your going down the 250bhp line what else you going to be needing to do? will the conrods ect take the toqure that it will make? Also what lsd you going to be running? running my van at 202bhp at the mo and its on the edge of being a tyre killer any more would be a waist of time. However im thinking another remap and a lsd could see a bit more power to the floor :lol: :shock:
hi mate he will be using a six speed box,single mass flywheel convertin and peloquin lsd,the standard rods will take 270bhp,we will be selling the tubular manifolds and larger turbos soon should anybody want 1 they will be at a good pric for members
dubdad
200BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by dubdad »

keep up the good work ,looks like another ace caddy in the making 8)
caddyvanman
100BHP+

Post by caddyvanman »

dubdad wrote:keep up the good work ,looks like another ace caddy in the making 8)
cheers buddy
caddyvanman
100BHP+

Post by caddyvanman »

well a bit more progress has been made i painted a few more bits today and started to build the van back up with my mate who owns the van

what do people think of the doing the headlights black??has anybody stripped there headlights down before??
nags
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 2.0 TDI (140bhp)

Post by nags »

nice work !wonder why vw didnt make them look like this straight out of the factroy as they have the parts being made aready for the touran?supose at least it makes your van stand out from the rest if you do the mod will have to start saving the pennies
caddyvanman
100BHP+

Post by caddyvanman »

nags wrote:nice work !wonder why vw didnt make them look like this straight out of the factroy as they have the parts being made aready for the touran?supose at least it makes your van stand out from the rest if you do the mod will have to start saving the pennies
cheers for the comment matey
Sabbunsingh
Hyper Poster

Post by Sabbunsingh »

Another v2 on the road I like it. Headlights come apart easy just heat them up slowly. Be do black headlights for the v2.
V2 front. Mk5 mirrors. Cupra splitter. 8000k Hid. Led side lights and drl. Lowered on mk5 coils and custom shackles. Touran carpet,door cards,plastics,glovebox and seat bases. New caddy steering wheel. Midline cluster. Cruise. Heated mk5 gttdi seats wired and working. Alpine screen. 140 remap. Lots of other little bits.........
D4RK1
Hyper Poster

Post by D4RK1 »

This colour isn't a million miles away from mine. Not sure if the plastics being colour coded suit it?? It will help when it's all done and put together, but I'm thinking gloss black on the plastics may look neater. Time will tell.
What's your deadline buddy?