Aerial Amplifier / Booster Location

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Caddymatt
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Post by Caddymatt »

Hi guys,

Just retrofitted a RCD310 DAB into my new 2012 Caddy.
For testing it all works well by connecting the existing aerial cable behind the head unit into the DAB socket for testing, but I want to finish the job properly and have both Dab and FM working independently.

I need to swap the aerial amplifier module to allow me to run the extra DAB cable to it. I have the new dual input module and cable, but need to know where the existing amplifier is located!!

Anyone have any ideas?? I assume it will be near the windscreen somewhere - but don't fancy ripping the interior out searching for it if someone on here has an idea!!

Cheers... :D
Doc
Not God, just a bellend
Engine size/power: 2.0TSI EA888 Gen3

Post by Doc »

It's behind the overhead storage near the passenger side visor left hand mounting, a real shyte to get to. Keep us filled in on how you get on with fitting the DAB antenna.
2013 Caddy with EA888 Gen3 2.0TSI DSG, Superplus MSP19 , Caddy4 rear lights, Polo GTI (mk7 style) steering wheel, Relentless Tuning front coilovers, Audi A6 S-Line front seats, Boxster fronts & GTI rear Brakes, 3D Colour Premium dash cluster, Caddy life arm rest, Motexion bulkhead, MIB head unit

All posts written by me are the intellectual property of the caddy2K forum and I do not consent to copying or redistribution of any sort
Caddymatt
Caddy2k Groupie

Re: Aerial Amplifier / Booster Location

Post by Caddymatt »

Many thanks Doc, that's very helpful.

Will keep you posted as to how I get on.
One interesting observation is that I have done quite a bit of driving about with the existing windscreen aerial plugged into the DAB socket on the RCD310 and I have had next to no drop outs in signal, so there can't be too much of a mismatch in the setup or the exsisting aerial amp module.
the long one
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by the long one »

I've got this to do so I'll update on install when done !
104 bhp maxi - 6 speed o2q conversion - rcd 510 dab c/w Bluetooth & mdi - remap 162 bhp - facelift highline cluster - caddy 4 tail lights - 19” vw motorsport alloys - bilstein/eibach sportline suspension - r32 front brakes - scirocco front seats - caddy life centre console - mk6 flat bottom mfsw - caddy 4 folding mirrors
bigootang
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Post by bigootang »

I've used a DAB FM splitter, works well saves a lot of wiring
2006 tdi, DSG with paddleshift, Custom decatted staright through exhasut with small resonater, Pendle remap approx 160bhp, Scirroco seats on touran bases, lowered on coilovers/axle flip, "19 RS6 wheels in Matte Gold, Dooka Zenon headlight conversion, Touran mirrors
MATTD888
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by MATTD888 »

i think my amplifier must be dead on my new van...... reception is poor at best....when you locate yours let us know what kind of job swopping it is.