Golf GT seats hurting my back,anyone else?

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
country boy
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Golf GT seats hurting my back,anyone else?

Post by country boy »

Fitted Golf MKV GT seats yesterday on the standard Caddy bases and they make my back ache and my calf muscles sore. I much prefer the lower driving position but they dont seem to give your legs any support and your feet seem to be bent at more of an angle when there sat on the pedals. I think the Caddy was designed to have a higher seating position in relation to the pedals.Does anyone else have this problem? Without splashing out on touran bases is there a way round this i.e spacers between the seat and seat base?
Plumb
Twin Turbo poster
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (74bhp)

Re: Golf GT seats hurting my back,anyone else?

Post by Plumb »

Can't you just pump the seat up a bit with the lever by the door??
country boy
100BHP+

Post by country boy »

Plumb wrote:Can't you just pump the seat up a bit with the lever by the door??
It does,nt really help as the seat arcs forwards and makes it feel like its tipping you out!
smartezippo
Hyper Poster

Post by smartezippo »

Yea I know what your saying I took a whole to get used to them I pumped it up a bit and messed about with the lumber support its fine now. Think I just wasn't used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2008 1.9TDI, DSG, Factory Appearance pack, Elec Pack, Paddle shifters, multifunction leather wheel, Highline Touran Clocks, Cruise control, Golf mk5 GT seats, Touran Door Cards, Touran front button DSG Shifter, R32 Pedals........
country boy
100BHP+

Post by country boy »

smartezippo wrote:Yea I know what your saying I took a whole to get used to them I pumped it up a bit and messed about with the lumber support its fine now. Think I just wasn't used to it.

I've pumped mine up a bit now and gonna give that a go, what did you do with the lumbar,soften it or pump it up a bit? Did you find they initially hurt your back/make your calf muscles burn?
smartezippo
Hyper Poster

Post by smartezippo »

Yea I did abit but I have a herniated disc in my back anyway so put it down to that.

2008 1.9TDI, DSG, Factory Appearance pack, Elec Pack, Paddle shifters, multifunction leather wheel, Highline Touran Clocks, Cruise control, Golf mk5 GT seats, Touran Door Cards, Touran front button DSG Shifter, R32 Pedals........
country boy
100BHP+

Post by country boy »

Might just bite the bullet and get a Touran seat base for the drivers side. Anyone know how much they are direct from VW or TPS? I ground off the locater lugs on the seats to get them to fit the standard bases would this be a problem if i then went and got Touran bases?
dooka
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by dooka »

I run GT seats on Touran bases. Most comfy seats I've ever had :)..
Audi seats on the other hand, not for me, give me back ache..
tyson675
Hyper Poster
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Post by tyson675 »

My 'rocco's on touran bases used to give me back ache but that's because the sides are high so my legs are closer together,which obviously changes ur back position,but think I'm used to em now.
I had Jetta tfsi seats before them and regret changing em,they were soooo comfy.
Firing-line
Hyper Poster

Post by Firing-line »

I've GT seats on caddy bases and find them very comfortable, a million percent better than standard seats, I used to get serious back and shoulder pain after a long journey.. Try different reclining/lumbar support settings and you'll get a better driving position..