Advice please to part or not to part

Random Caddy chat.
Not the place for sale or wanted topics.
Bighairymuppet
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Advice please to part or not to part

Post by Bighairymuppet »

I've a wee swb 13 plate caddy. Love it to bits but due to health I'm forced onto a auto. At end of day its now just going to have to be a deposit doe something new. I've stuff like roofbats ans aftermarket alloys and towbar. Would you guys bother taking bit off as I think I may have overpriced it as no bites ta moment and may just seell it to webuyanyvan onr that which is a shame as its been well looked after bar bodywork dents.

So is it worth taking off the extras as if it doesn't go in a private sale soon/ it doesn't affect value and don't know if someone buying privately anyway would care if it was just being a dog walkers van or wee runabout.

This sucks
PJD
100BHP+
Engine size/power: 2.0 CR TDI (108bhp)

Re: Advice please to part or not to part

Post by PJD »

I would. You will get a few more hundred quid back
Jeff84
Caddy2k Groupie

Post by Jeff84 »

Anything you get off could sell & make the new van more affordable, or keep the parts for the new van
Bighairymuppet
Caddy Fan
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)

Post by Bighairymuppet »

Thanks guys unfortunately new one will be amarok so nothing will fit. It kinda kills me to see lon just I need big payload and automatic possibly left hand pedal due to disability. Thanks for advce
Dextersaurus
Caddy2k Groupie
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (74bhp)

Post by Dextersaurus »

Bighairymuppet wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:41 am Thanks guys unfortunately new one will be amarok so nothing will fit. It kinda kills me to see lon just I need big payload and automatic possibly left hand pedal due to disability. Thanks for advce
Sorry to hear you're having to change.

The only advice I'd give is that if you're not going to take any of it off, and you know what your trade in value will be, you should sell it to someone for that price since you'll be no worse off and you won't be making the garage extra money :lol:

Plus you'll have a lovely warm feeling in your heart that someone has your old van for a good price and they'll love it
2009 Caddy SWB 104
Edinburgh, Scotland