Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **Feb 2012 update**(Wheels)

Show off your caddy
User avatar
Kraay
Caddy2k Groupie
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:56 pm
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)
Location: Netherlands

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Post by Kraay »

:shock: Just read the whole tread and this is just f*cking awesome! :shock: :shock: Looks very, very good!! :mrgreen:
User avatar
RY4NTT
100BHP+
Posts: 171
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:22 pm
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Post by RY4NTT »

Hi matt just wondering I've just got an engine cover I'm guessing I need the sort of fixings that are used on the air box like a push fitting where do I get these? Thanks
super_ted
Twin Turbo poster
Posts: 384
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:30 pm
Engine size/power: 1.4 16V Petrol (79bhp)
Location: Oxford

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Post by super_ted »

Speachless!! I joined up just to read through this thread - now i'm hooked lol. Give yourself a pat on the back! :mrgreen:
User avatar
Matt@Reflex
Hyper Poster
Posts: 1123
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:15 pm
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)
Location: Northampton Home of Reflex Auto Design

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Post by Matt@Reflex »

RY4NTT wrote:Hi matt just wondering I've just got an engine cover I'm guessing I need the sort of fixings that are used on the air box like a push fitting where do I get these? Thanks
I went onto the ETKA vw parts catalog that ive got and found the part numbers.
If you email me a photo of your cover i will see what i can do
[email protected]

Cheers,
Matt
lob2004
Caddy2k Groupie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:59 pm
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)
Location: navan co.meath ireland

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Post by lob2004 »

some differance. well done!!!!
shuggett
Caddy2k Groupie
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:27 pm
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Post by shuggett »

Hi Matt, from what I've read, you seem to be the best person to buy a N/S sliding door rail kit from.
Would you kindly let me have a price for the kit, and do you paint them before shipping them. My van is silver if it makes a difference for metallic paint.
Your van is amazing !!!!!!!
Steven
User avatar
Matt@Reflex
Hyper Poster
Posts: 1123
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:15 pm
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)
Location: Northampton Home of Reflex Auto Design

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Post by Matt@Reflex »

shuggett wrote:Hi Matt, from what I've read, you seem to be the best person to buy a N/S sliding door rail kit from.
Would you kindly let me have a price for the kit, and do you paint them before shipping them. My van is silver if it makes a difference for metallic paint.
Your van is amazing !!!!!!!
Steven
Hi Steven.
Yes we can do the Kit including our custom bracket for £133.
This incudes shipping (uk) and painting of the cover to your paint code (LA7W if its reflex silver)

Thanks,
Matt
shuggett
Caddy2k Groupie
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:27 pm
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Post by shuggett »

Matt,
Thats excellent, I'll be in touch soon.
Steven
shuggett
Caddy2k Groupie
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:27 pm
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Post by shuggett »

Hi Matt, I've just read your i thread regarding fitting the side rail cover.
I'm probably being stupid, but why do you need to drill a hole into the door?
Steven
lovelydubly
Hyper Poster
Posts: 822
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 3:08 pm
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)
Location: Essex

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Post by lovelydubly »

shuggett wrote:Hi Matt, I've just read your i thread regarding fitting the side rail cover.
I'm probably being stupid, but why do you need to drill a hole into the door?
Steven
No mate, your not meant to touch the door, its just the door shut that needs a hole drilled.
rallyeryan
Caddy2k Groupie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:56 pm
Engine size/power: 1.0 TSI (100bhp)

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Post by rallyeryan »

Hi Matt

Silly Question - Does the Rail cover allow the door to open?

Also - I would love to do a rear tailgate conversion like yours. Would you recommend it? I would likely put it to a shop to do - Is it labour intensive?

Oh yeah van looks ok - just thought I would make the first understatent of 2011.lol.

Cheers.

Ryan.
DETAIL
Twin Turbo poster
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:38 pm
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (103bhp)

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Post by DETAIL »

Stunning
User avatar
DADDY
Hyper Poster
Posts: 2603
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:29 pm
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)
Location: Belfast

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Post by DADDY »

Hey Matt that arrived in the post today looks awesome dude thanks for all your help dude ;)
Image


Link to Caddy 2K Project Workhorse ***Warning Pics and Slideshows Heavy***
User avatar
Matt@Reflex
Hyper Poster
Posts: 1123
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:15 pm
Engine size/power: 1.2 TSI (84bhp)
Location: Northampton Home of Reflex Auto Design

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Post by Matt@Reflex »

DADDY wrote:Hey Matt that arrived in the post today looks awesome dude thanks for all your help dude ;)
No worries.

You have one of the very last Aluminium ones.
I just received a new batch of aluminium bar from a new supplier (previous supplier stopped selling it)
I cut 25 pieces, drilled 25 pieces (not fun) and then put the first 5 into the folder. They got to 90 degrees and all snapped.
Looks like its cast aluminium :(

Image

All future brackets will be made from Steel and will be £25 posted because of the extra postage and extra time taken to drill them. I cant risk getting more dodgy aluminium and someones snapping and there rail cover falling off :)
User avatar
DADDY
Hyper Poster
Posts: 2603
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:29 pm
Engine size/power: 1.9 TDI (104bhp)
Location: Belfast

Re: Matt@Reflex's new Caddy project **new update page 18**

Post by DADDY »

Matt@Reflex wrote: No worries.

You have one of the very last Aluminium ones.
I just received a new batch of aluminium bar from a new supplier (previous supplier stopped selling it)
I cut 25 pieces, drilled 25 pieces (not fun) and then put the first 5 into the folder. They got to 90 degrees and all snapped.
Looks like its cast aluminium :(

Image

All future brackets will be made from Steel and will be £25 posted because of the extra postage and extra time taken to drill them. I cant risk getting more dodgy aluminium and someones snapping and there rail cover falling off :)
That's a bummer Matt sorry to here that dude, thanks again for the unit excellent quality as expected from yourself Matt.
Image


Link to Caddy 2K Project Workhorse ***Warning Pics and Slideshows Heavy***
Post Reply